No announcement yet.

Please explain voltages on EP45-UD3P...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please explain voltages on EP45-UD3P...

Lsdmeasap showed an example in setting up your DDR's voltage by taking the difference and adding it to the default to create needed amount

EXAMPLE: voltage stock 1.8 Requires 2.1 as per manufacturers spec adjust voltage in bios to .3 setting in DDR voltage to equal 2.1 volts

Does this theory work on all supplied settings in the bios?

I've never seen a post on the subject but it certainly would be beneficial.

I was wondering cause then we have two answers when setting our voltages manually.

You can directly input the amount you need OR put in the differnce PLUS the boards default..

This is a bit confusing and then my next question is what's more precise? I would imagine incremental bios adjustments to the default by adding the difference, but want to be certain.

I think this topic needs to be brought to attention as it's not in the motherboard manual.
    sigpic

Intel Q9550 (C1 Stepping) @ 4GHZ 500FSB

Thermalright Ultra 120mm & IC 7 Carat with 120mm Logisys Green LED fan.

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (Rev 1.0)

8 Gigs OCZ Platinum PC-8500 (5-5-5-18)

2 Western Digital 250 gigs 16mb Cache SATA II's Raid-0 Array

Vista Ultimate 64 bit Operating System

PC Power & Cooling Silent 610 watt SLI certified
    80 PLUS

Cooler Master CM 690 (Nvidia Edition)

Case Cooling: 3 120mm Logisys Green LED fans, 2 120mm Panaflow top mounted extractors and 1 Cooler Master Silent front mounted Green LED120mm fan

EVGA GTX 260 (Stock Speed)

Re: Please explain voltages on EP45-UD3P...

On the voltage settings, you either ADD an amount to a base Voltage or in the case of a manual choosing of a CPU voltage, you choose from a long Voltage list - the total Value.

So for:-

DDR2 Default = 1.8volts
    DDR3 Default = 1.5volts

You then increment the voltage by the addition of:-

+0.1volts
    +0.2volts
    +0.3volts

and so on.

You can only pick one setting though to increase you total value by.

So Default on DDR2 = 1.8volts add 0.2volts = 2.0volts OR add 0.4volts = 2.2volts. It's not cumulative.

Btw, the voltages on the ram sticker are the warrantied max that may be required for the operation of the ram on your board/ram combination.
    Theres no need to Run any ram at that value if the board its in can quite happily run the ram without error at a lower or even the stock DDR2/3 etc voltage
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Working...
    X