Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EX58-EXTREME information request

Hi everybody,

Can someone from Gigabyte please post some information about the Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME motherboard in here if possible, or point me to some documents that contain the information that I am looking for ?
    I am specifically looking for dimensions of the following elements :
    - width + height (in mm) of the Gigabyte SATA2 controller chip (below the South Bridge)
    - distance (in mm) of the 2 mounting holes (centre to centre) for the Gigabyte SATA2 controller chip
    - distance (in mm) of the 2 mounting holes (centre to centre) for the South Bridge chip
    - distance (in mm) of the 2 mounting holes (centre to centre) for the North Bridge chip
    - distance (in mm) of the 2 mounting holes (centre to centre) for the VRM's above the CPU socket
    - distance (in mm) of the 2 mounting holes (centre to centre) for the VRM's left of the CPU socket

I am planning to build a new watercooled PC with this motherboard, these dimensions will help me to decide what water blocks I need to buy.

Thanks a lot in advance for the help. :)

Re: GA-EX58-EXTREME information request

Anybody, please ???

Comment

The answer(if is not confidential)what you asking,can get only at;
      GIGABYTE Technical Service Zone

Comment

I'm not from Gigabyte but I think every blocks for Core i7 CPU (1366 scoket) will fit and same for X58 chipsets. I mean, aren't the 1366 sockets equal in ALL motherboars so the users can install the cooler that cames with Core i7 CPU series box?
        Haven't the IntelĀ® X58 Express Chipsets same measurements?
        Anyway, if you wan't support from Gigabyte, why don't you visit their official website?
        Gigabyte - Support&Download - Motherborad

Johnny
        System Components: Intel i7 920 C0 @ 4,0Ghz; Gigabyte EX58-UD5 (X58-EXTREME F12 BIOS); Sapphire HD5970 2GB OC Edition; Western Digital Blue 500GB; Seagate 7200.12 1000MB; 6GB Corsair 1333Mhz DDR3; DVD-RW LG; Corsair TX750W
        Watercooling System: EK-Supreme Skt 1366 WaterBlock + EK backplate Skt 1366; Kit EK-FB GAX58 WaterBlocks; Aqua-Computer AquagratiX 5970 WaterBlock; 360mm Thermaltake radiator; 360mm BI Stealth X-Flow radiator; Laing MCP355 pump; EK-DDC X-TOP rev.2 Plexi
        Danger Den Plexi E/S 1/2" reservoir; 4x A.C. Ryan UV 120mm; 3x Tacens Ventus PRO ICE 120mm; 2x NoiseBlocker Black Silent XE2 92mm; Liquid Cooling FESER Black; FESER tubing 3/8" ID and 5/8" OD; Enzotech Compression Fittings G 1/4

Comment

@stasio : Confidential ??? I'm not asking for their bank account and PIN code to transfer their money to my personal account... I'm asking for simple measurements so that I can see what possible waterblocks I can use on the motherboard.
          Isn't this supposed to be the official Gigabyte forum ?

@Johnny Rook : please take the time to read my first post in here. It's not the CPU measurements that I'm interested in (as that is a default LGA1366 layout, I am well aware of this fact), I'm asking for other measurements.
          AFAIK chipsets have the same measurements, yes, but this doesn't apply to the mounting holes to install cooling devices (like fans or waterblocks).

Comment

Originally posted by > Evil E. < View Post
            Hi everybody,

Can someone from Gigabyte please post some information about the Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME motherboard in here if possible, or point me to some documents that contain the information that I am looking for ?
            I am specifically looking for dimensions of the following elements :
            - width + height (in mm) of the Gigabyte SATA2 controller chip (below the South Bridge)
            - distance (in mm) of the 2 mounting holes (centre to centre) for the Gigabyte SATA2 controller chip
            - distance (in mm) of the 2 mounting holes (centre to centre) for the South Bridge chip
            - distance (in mm) of the 2 mounting holes (centre to centre) for the North Bridge chip
            - distance (in mm) of the 2 mounting holes (centre to centre) for the VRM's above the CPU socket
            - distance (in mm) of the 2 mounting holes (centre to centre) for the VRM's left of the CPU socket

I am planning to build a new watercooled PC with this motherboard, these dimensions will help me to decide what water blocks I need to buy.

Thanks a lot in advance for the help. :)
            The only choices you have are as per stasio's comments ie email Gigabyte or get feedback from someone who has this board who is willing to attempt to get accurate measurements for you.

Seeing that the board is a "Finished Product" (in the way of their cooling implementation etc), I find it fairly unlikely you'll get all the info you need.
            @stasio : Confidential ??? I'm not asking for their bank account and PIN code to transfer their money to my personal account... I'm asking for simple measurements so that I can see what possible waterblocks I can use on the motherboard.
            Isn't this supposed to be the official Gigabyte forum ?
            But it's not the sort of information you need to know, as removing, altering etc their cooling solution is likely to void warranty anyway - hence they don't publish such figures.

They'll only publish dimensions etc on things where the user is expected to fit something to the board, ie the HSF.

You may get user feedback on the manufacturers website of the water blocks etc, in the same sort of way Scythe do things.
            Last edited by VorLonUK; 01-24-2009, 10:19 AM.
            GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

Working...
            X