Memory problem need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory problem need help.

I currently bought a ep35c-ds3r board to move on from amd and with that i purchased a E4600 intel dual-core cpu,

My memory is kingston DDR2 PC-8500 HiperX 2x2 GB pack which i purchased 8gb of as my board said it ssurports 8gb ddr2 ram,

Now atm in the device manager under pci-bus area i have a erro stating memory conflict with a address.

Now atm my ram is supose to work under 2.0V @1066MHZ with 6-6-6-18 settings whihc i have selected with my overclock @

FSB - 266
    CPU host clock- x12
    Vcore - 1.425
    Memory freq (was auto but i noticed in the bios side panel the 4.0~ (1066 strapping so i used that, set the memory to 6-6-6-18 and the other to auto,

Memory read all 8gb and in vista x32 home basic it reads as 8.0gb in dual channel but the pci error was still there i cant find in the bios a memory remap area as i think my newly installed 8800 GTS 320mb is conflciting, the two file that related to the error that i located in the "run vertifier" was the pciide .sys and pciidex.sys

In "run msinfo32" i checked the conflicting and sharing sector and can see the conflict as its name is labaled but no irq number i can see only i/o and memory address is available,

My board surpports ddr3 and ddr 4x1.8V memory but i up'ed the voltage to 2.0V do i need to do any other voltage changes located in the hidden bios (ctrl + f1)

Or is there a memory remap area? as i cant locate it> the manual clearly stats my board handle ddr2 1066 and the manual says 8gb ddr2 max, but my problem is this on gigabyte website in the EP35C-DS3R motherboard section, in the memory comparision area / in the 1066 sector it shows only 512mb and 1gb sticks when i have got 2 gb sticks of 4 kingston hiperx ram i remove 3 sticks and tried yet still the problem excists i also reformated and installed nothing removed all hardware right down to basics only and unfortunly havnt sorted my problem, which oviously keeps bsoding me everynow and then.

Now my question is why clealry mark on the motherboard box 8gb 1066 ddr2 surported when in the website memory comp, it shows no surporting 2 gb sticks, im at a loss and this board is only 1 month old as i got it for xmas to be sure i am available to ddr3 if more games before more resourcefull.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Re: Memory problem need help.

Memory read all 8gb and in vista x32 home basic it reads as 8.0gb in dual channel but the pci error was still there i cant find in the bios a memory remap area as i think my newly installed 8800 GTS 320mb is conflciting, the two file that related to the error that i located in the "run vertifier" was the pciide .sys and pciidex.sys
    Why are you using 8GB of memory on a 32bit operating system?

Windows 32bit OS's are limited to around 3.2 to 3.5GB of ram available, regardless of how much you install above that.
    It's a well known 32bit limitation.
    On top of that you have the address ranges required for graphics cards etc and this is no doubt why you are getting errors.

I do believe though from Vista SP1, the physical memory size installed would be shown - but NOT used.

Basically you need a 64bit OS, however remember VISTA has limitations too, per product and 8GB is the max for the 64bit Version of Vista Home Basic.
    Memory Limits for Windows Releases (Windows)
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 01-21-2009, 08:32 AM.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

I do not have any answer to your problem but I do have a question. ...What is the point of trying to run 8GB of ram if you are using a 32bit operating system?

LOL ... VorLonUK must not have got interrupted while posting as I did ...
      Last edited by PrairieDawg; 01-21-2009, 08:32 AM.
      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

if you read the above you will no atm im currently using 1x 2gb kingston stick of hiper x ddr 8500 1066 mhz memory.

I was using 8gb at the start like 1 week ago and removed to try to solve the problem yet it still ocures so i can put the rest bk in as it dont seem to matter, and im using 8gb of ram as i moved from a older board and whne i bought it in the shop was uncertain of how much it surports and got the pc-world customerservice team in the shop to help me they told me the manaul stats, and of course directed me to the kingston 2x2 $gb pack of that memory i said above so ofc since it can handle 8 and my lasy was 4 of ddr 400Mhz i thought Great this will make my pc fly, and also i was convinced to buy it as i read a very good tomshardware reveiw that vista works perfectly on 8gb ram, needing hardly anypagefile, yet i left my pagefile on incase errors arrive yet im getting this one from day1 -.-.

Vista Workshop – Performance Boost with 8GB of RAM : Windows Vista with 8 GB

So i was a convinced customer purchasing vista , 8gb and a new mobo to surport yet im having problems here atm.

Comment

Originally posted by PrairieDawg View Post
          I do not have any answer to your problem but I do have a question. ...What is the point of trying to run 8GB of ram if you are using a 32bit operating system?

LOL ... VorLonUK must not have got interrupted while posting as I did ...

Just think it's funny sometimes when people are on the brink of blaming the board....

Edit:-

Please see my edited Post 2

Edit 2:-

From your tomshardware link:-

Quote:-
          The benefit of having 8 GB of system memory is that the OS has to access the hard drive far less frequently, making Vista feel much snappier. However, several settings in the BIOS and the operating system need to be changed in order for the system to be able to take advantage of that much RAM. Vista 64 still faces a few challenges, not the least of which is often a lack of drivers. At least most standard applications run without issues. On the other hand, none of the current generation of applications can come even remotely close to utilizing the maximum amount of memory installable.
          Last edited by VorLonUK; 01-21-2009, 08:41 AM.
          GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Comment

yes but i have the pc stripped mate to only 1gb stick of ram yet i still getting this bsod and erro. image link is here to the error im having,

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: memoryconflictip2.png

Any ideas?

Comment

Listen this problem has been there since day 1 when i purchased x64 ultimate vista , so i down graded when i stripped pc to 1 x 2gb stick of ram and installed x32 vista but still it is there.

Comment

I'm sorry, but I've re-read your first post and all it mentions is about 8GB of ram and a 32bit OS.

So people can see what hardware you have installed now and what bios revision, can you simply list them.
                Could you also describe the problem you now have - ie is the conflict in the memory address range the only problem?

1) Motherboard model & revision
                2) Bios Version
                3) Cpu model
                4) Ram installed, make and model and link to manufacturers product page
                5) Video card
                6) Sound card (if any)
                7) Any other PCI/e cards
                8) Power Supply make, model and capacity
                9) What OS are you now using

a) Have you loaded up the bios optimised defaults with the new ram installed, SAVE & let system reboot?

b) Have you attempted a bios update and if you have was this via @Bios or Qflash?

c) Have you attempted to Clear the Cmos?

d) Have you run memtest?

e) Can you still enter the bios?
                Last edited by VorLonUK; 01-21-2009, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Right atm in device manager there shows no (?) or (!) signs which oviously lead me on a wild goose chase to find the conflicting device until i eventually browsed each driver installed on the device manager sector.

Device name is as follows -

PCI bus

In its proberties i found located @

PCI bus proberties/resources

Resource settings:

Resoucre type Setting
                  I/O Range 0000 - 0c47
                  I/O Range 0D00 - FFFF
                  Memory Range 000A0000 - 000BFFFF
                  Memory Range 000C0000 - 000DFFFF
                  Memory Range DFF00000 - FEBFFFFF

Setting Based on: [Current configuration] (marked out wont let you select anything)

Use automatic Settings [Change setting..] (marked out wont let you select anything)

Conflicting device list:
                  Memory Range DFF00000 - FEBFFFFF not available.

Overclocking settings @

FSB: 250 (cant atm get it to 266 @ 3.20ghz stable as im still in the process but paused it as Fixing this problem ive had from day 1)

Memory Freq : 4.0+ (800 strapping) - @ 1000mhZ atm but memory is rated to 1066 as its kingston HiperX *i have 8gb of it but took out two stick as 32 bit dont use it all.
                  Memory SPD @ 6-6-6-18
                  PCI-E locked @ 100mhZ
                  Vcore voltage @ 1.325V
                  Memory voltage @ 2.0V
                  pcie (normal)
                  fsb (normal)
                  mch (normal)
                  PCI locked to 33Mhz

My board btw lads = GA-EP35C - DS3R

It handles ddr3 also but i installed 8gb at the start of kingston ddr2 8500 ram rated @ 1066 so i could overclock my cpu from the standard settings ,

800fsb - 1066fsb
                  clock host @ 12x
                  memory from 800 to 1066 @ 4.0~
                  Vcore voltage @ 1.425

Cooling:-
                  2 front blower 120mm fans @ 2500 rpm
                  2 Exshust Fans 120mm @ 2500rpm
                  1 side case 90mm Fan @ 2000rpm
                  8800 GTS 320mb Blower FAN @ 100% @ 2700rpm
                  Artic cooling : Extreme Freezer 7 @ 160 WATT- 2000+rpm

When i overclock to 3.0GHZ @ 250fsb and dont change voltage at all as a reveiw guide showed i get a stable overclock but cant seem to go further like other said it was opne of the easyiest to overclock to 266 all i had to do was raise the fsb to 266 with a 1.425 voltage but dont seem to go well for me as i bsod .
                  But @ 3Ghz system idles @ 15c to 20c and max loads @ 50c .

So i pused the overclocking process till i fix this error was ive had since day one that bsods me like mad.

Comment

Sorry, you are just confusing things.

I can't see at a glance what hardware you have!

Also you seem to have not setup the optimised defaults as suggested and are talking about overclocking.

Also your Vcore is too high.

Unless you start at a base configuration - which facilitates basic fault finding, you'll be going around in circles and not solving the problem.

Hopefully you'll read my messages and make things easy to read.

Looks like all you've managed to achieve from your oveclocking is one totally unstable PC - full of memory errors.

Comment

I havnt got my pc overclocked now as i was overclocking on it before hand but now i restarted everything to stock up'ed memory voltage to 2.0 like it handles and then wiped HD , tested hd with chkdsk came clean and tested memory with the advance memory tester built into windows vista. And it came back clean.

So atm im stock setting with just a pcie card (8800 GTS), power supply (X-power 650W),
                      Intel cpu E4600, 1x 2gb Kingston Hiperx KHX8500AD2k2/4G DDR2 PC-8500+ 1066Mhz Memory , And the motherboard with the latest update.

This is what i had at the start when i bought the pc-

Cpu:- Intel Dual-Core Processor E4600 2.40Ghz 800 FSB @ 1.325V

Hardrives:- 1x Seagate 7200RPM Sata2 HD

Graphics Card- 8800GTS 320MB XFX PCI-E (PCI-E2 surported)

IDE Cabled Device- CD-DVD Combo

External Devices- 1x 512mb Readyboot pendisk (used as Portable HD instead of the windows feature), 1x Philips Rabbit DVD combo.

Interal Devices- 1x Akasa Fan controller , 1x ES1373 CT5308 XFI SoundBlaster PCI CARD,
                      1x Sitecom vista compatible 300mBs Turbo Wireless Internet Pci-Card.

Memory- Kingston Hiperx KHX8500AD2k2/4G DDR2 PC-8500+ 1066Mhz Memory

System idels @ 15c to 20c MAX load @ 50C

But removed it all apart from the basics - eg psu -pcie card- 1 stick of 2gbram-mobo-mouse +keyboard.

Comment

Right atm in device manager there shows no (?) or (!) signs which oviously lead me on a wild goose chase to find the conflicting device until i eventually browsed each driver installed on the device manager sector.

PCI bus

Resource settings:

Resoucre type Setting
                        I/O Range 0000 - 0c47
                        I/O Range 0D00 - FFFF

Setting Based on: [Current configuration] (marked out wont let you select anything)

Use automatic Settings [Change setting..] (marked out wont let you select anything)

Conflicting device list:

Overclocking settings @

FSB: 250 (cant atm get it to 266 @ 3.20ghz stable as im still in the process but paused it as Fixing this problem ive had from day 1)

Memory Freq : 4.0+ (800 strapping) - @ 1000mhZ atm but memory is rated to 1066 as its kingston HiperX *i have 8gb of it but took out two stick as 32 bit dont use it all.
                        Memory SPD @ 6-6-6-18
                        PCI-E locked @ 100mhZ
                        Vcore voltage @ 1.325V
                        Memory voltage @ 2.0V
                        pcie (normal)
                        fsb (normal)
                        mch (normal)
                        PCI locked to 33Mhz

My board btw lads = GA-EP35C - DS3R

It handles ddr3 also but i installed 8gb at the start of kingston ddr2 8500 ram rated @ 1066 so i could overclock my cpu from the standard settings ,

800fsb - 1066fsb
                        clock host @ 12x
                        memory from 800 to 1066 @ 4.0~
                        Vcore voltage @ 1.425

When i overclock to 3.0GHZ @ 250fsb and dont change voltage at all as a reveiw guide showed i get a stable overclock but cant seem to go further like other said it was opne of the easyiest to overclock to 266 all i had to do was raise the fsb to 266 with a 1.425 voltage but dont seem to go well for me as i bsod .
                        But @ 3Ghz system idles @ 15c to 20c and max loads @ 50c .

So i pused the overclocking process till i fix this error was ive had since day one that bsods me like mad.

Comment

Sorry internet crashed and so how it posted a past message -.-

Memory- Kingston Hiperx KHX8500AD2k2/4G DDR2 PC-8500+ 1066Mhz Memory

Intel Cpu- E4600 Conroe 800FSB @2.40GHZ

Cooling - Artic cooler extreme Freezer 7 - system temp @ 30 cpu temp @ 20c idel - maxs at 50c

Default memory setting where the only thing i changed due to my ram stick labeled at the side of it as 2.0V

The Hardware i have installed is just the pci-e gfx card which is a XFX 320mb 8800GTS, and i have a E-power 650sli rdy Power supply, 1x Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R Motherboard, 1 cd dvd combo inteal ide cabled and 1 sata2 linked to the orange ich9 port on the mobo @ ide mode.

I hope this clears it up abit now.

The error i am receiveing is:-

PCI bus

Resource settings:

Resoucre type Setting
                          I/O Range 0000 - 0c47
                          I/O Range 0D00 - FFFF

Conflicting device list:

I have learning difficulties so i take affense to this quote (Hopefully you'll read my messages and make things easy to read.)

Not all people are perfect.

Comment

I have learning difficulties so i take affense to this quote (Hopefully you'll read my messages and make things easy to read.)
                            I appreciate you may have difficulties and I wasn't attempting to offend you. I had already given you a lot of information in an early post that I sort of formatted hoping you might first list the hardware basics and then answer if you have set up the bios defaults etc, but you made no comment, hence my remark.

Going from 8GB on a 32bit OS with memory address problems to an overclock with a high Vcore and then back to 4GB of memory makes it hard to work out exactly where you are - thats all.

I'm just trying to simplify things for you (and me)

Just try the following - nothing else

1) Load up the optimised defaults in the bioses main page, then SAVE & allow the PC to Reboot.
                            2) Create if you haven't done already a Memtest CD by downloading the ISO file from here Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool, unzipping it and using Roxio, Nero etc to burn the image to disc ie CDr/w (don't make a data disc)

You need to forget about windows and memory addresses for the moment.

Comment

GA-EP35C-DS3R Rev2.1 F4B bios, E4600 (@2.4Ghz), Kingston Hiperx KHX8500AD2k2/4G DDR2 PC-8500+ 1066Mhz Memory
                              , Artic Cooler Extreme Freezer 7, 8800GTS 320, X-Power 650W GTX Light Power Supply (2 Single 12volt lines, Max 23A), Seagate 320mb 7200RPM in IDE Mode, Vista 32 Home Basic.

I used ur signature as an example of what i have.
                              I tried the load optimised reboot and it didnt sort the problem, i dont no why i need to download a memory testing program as i have done it already thro te memory testing vista program (selected advanced setting which took about 1 hour to complete and passed all tests.)

ATM pciture you setting youre bios to optimised this is what i have now so i can start fresh with you. If i place my stat to achi it wont load windows it just bsods so i have to set it to ide to pick up the cabled ide dvd-cd combo and the sata2 drive.

FSB - 800
                              Vcore voltage (default 1.325)
                              MemoryV normal (1.8V) (my memory standard is 2.0V)
                              MCHV normal
                              fsbV normal
                              clock host x12
                              memory spd 800 (auto)
                              memory spd settings (AUTO)
                              and eveything else at default.

This is what i done yesturday and reformatted and also tested the me and hd which came bk as 100% pass.

Now My error when i reformatted was there staight away, as soon as i logged into windows the first time ever, i went straioght to the device manager and there it was under system devices PCI-bus proberties as stated before hand. My friend on the tomshardware said to do a memory remap but i cant seem to see it in the bios sector? any ideas what i should do now?

Comment

Working...
                              X