GA-EX58-UD5 boot problem am I doing something wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EX58-UD5 boot problem am I doing something wrong

Hi. I have been having boot problems with this board, I have Corsair Dominator 1600 3gb Tripple channel ram, BFG GTX 295 Graphic card and my power supply is a coolermaster m1000 psu which has plenty of amps on the 12v rails, I have put the latest F6a bios on. I have the memory set to the xmp profile. When I turn on the computer it all powers up then turns off straight away, then after a couple of seconds powers itself on again and boot perfectly, I know there have been some posts about this already, however when I turn my computer off and then turn it back on it boots first time everytime, until I turn off the power at the wall, then it goes back to the double boot for the first boot, Can anyone please give any suggestions as I do not want to leave it plugged in on standby all the time. Oh one other thing if I have it set to optimised values it boots okay all the time but then the memory runs a 1066 rather than 1600. Thanks.
    Last edited by killersjp; 02-21-2009, 03:06 AM.

Re: GA-EX58-UD5 boot problem am I doing something wrong

What Bclk are you running? What CPU do you have? XMP profile may or may not be correct depending on many things, and that could be the cause of your boot issues.

You may need to adjust several if not all settings if you are running a 200 Bclk

More info is needed before I can attempt to help, but I can say the double/triple start issue IS Fixed in that BIOS so you must have some settings incorrect somewhere

Comment

Here is my mit settings and cpu. The cpu is a i7 920, my mit settings are 20x multiplyer for cpu, qpi link=auto, qpi speed =4.8 GHz, base clock bclk control= disabled, xbclk freq= 133, performance enhance= turbo, xmp profile 1, system memory multiplyer =auto, memory freq= 1600, profile ddr voltage= 1.65v, profile qpi voltage= 1.35, Cas lat= 8, trcd= 8, trd= 8, tras= 24, command rate =2, cpu vcore= auto, qpi-/vtt voltage = auto, ioh core= auto, dram= auto. Hope this info helps.

Comment

Put performance Enhance on Standard and see if that helps, it should.

And you should set this >>>
        QPI Link Speed .............. x36
        Uncore Frequency << Set to 2x your memory Multi so set to 24.

That QPI Voltage may be too high, meaning you may need to manually set it at less than 1.35. I would also Set IOH Core manually to about 1.4-1.6

Comment

Working...
        X