• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• q9550+EP45-UD3P=4ghz

the cpu vcore i set to 1.237 on bios, cpu-z shows 1.216 with LLC on

how come my system temperature max 76c? is that normal or too hot

that is the picture i take after 17hour blend prime95
    Attached Files
    Last edited by afeng; 02-22-2009, 07:39 AM.

Re: q9550+EP45-UD3P=4ghz

Reading is bogus, in fact the min/max column in hardware monitor is completely useless. The monitoring chips sometimes make mistakes in one reading (split second later they're on spot again) and those stay in the min/max column.
    Also, did you not wonder how the min reading could be 7C, i.e. quite a bit lower than room temperature? That alone shows that these numbers are inaccurate (same thing with the voltage readings, no way your PC would still be running if the min values were true).

Comment

thanks for help me

also how i monitor my NB chipset temperature?

Comment

my higher load temp is 69c, is that safe for 24/7 use

Comment

P45 has no internal chipset temperature sensor that I'm aware of. At least no harware monitoring program (or the BIOS) has ever shown a NB temp reading for my P45 boards up until now.

69C is safe as long as it's stable, see my FAQ. It may become unstable though when it gets hotter, as a 5C higher room temperature willt ranslate to an about 5C higher CPU temp and it may not be stable then anymore.

Comment

Nice clock.
            I can only go 3.5 or so and I need a big volt jump,then again multiplier is lower .
            Speedfan utility gives an indication of nb temp,the figures it gives correlate to what you would expect under load or idle(my temp goes up to 52 approx under load.
            I do have a 120 mm fan blowing directly on the memory and nb,its speed does increase as the ,nb temp increases,but mbrd/system temp goes up too ,so Im not sure what the speed regulation is linked to.
            70 is supposed to be max reasonable temperature for quads .
            Mine doesnt go above 65(using core temp utility).
            Thats core 0. Cores 1,2 and 3 run lower than that.
            Id use some other utility such as core temp and real temp for the monitoring also.since cpuid/hw monitor readings seem a bit off,somehow i dont think the fans are going to be running at those speeds either.
            Speedfan is v accurate for me on the fan speeds,cpu temps, it consistently reads lower than coretemp,so i use coretemp for those.
            Pcwizard is usefull also,and everest(if you havent used up your 30 day trial.
            Last edited by kick; 02-22-2009, 11:15 AM.
            Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
            Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
            Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
            8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
            60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
            GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
            Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
            http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

This board doesn't have a NB temp sensor. The "system temp" reported by ET6 and others in infact the SB temp. So if you have a big hot video card it will raise the temp.

For the OP, try downloading "realtemp"
              Last edited by SpeedEuphoria; 02-22-2009, 03:16 PM.
              New Q9650, Gigabyte UD3P, 4GB OCZ Platinum, Asus TOP 4850, Antec TP3 550W, Vista 64 SP1/XP SP3.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2641801

Comment

Working...
              X