how to tweak soundcard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to tweak soundcard?

i have seen some post/pictures where people have tweaked their soundcard with bigger/better codensators and maybe other components and that has made me curious...
    so now i want to try it too... i got an old soundblaster live! soundcard for experiment and maybe i will try to do the same on my auzentech x-meridian soundcard, if it works out nice on the soundblaster...

but my prob is that i don't know where to start... i wanna find out how to know which condensators/components i need to switch to get a better soundcard (and which size/brand the new components should be)

and why do people do it? i think that the cards can play louder if you use bigger condensators but is it only for the loudness or is it also for better sound?

hope some can help me or post some links so i can read about it :)
    <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Re: how to tweak soundcard?

thanks for the nice respons^^^

Comment

I can't speak for everyone here but as for myself I've never heard of modding a soundcard and have no idea what the purpose could possibly be. Not really sure where you got the idea. If you want louder sound the best bet would be to get better speakers.
      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

before:

after:

here is one of the places.... but the guy who made this doesnt seem to respond...

well it would be much easier to make the sound card better if its just to switch some condensators than buy new expensive speakers...
        also i think you maybe can get better sound quality if you use good condensators?

Comment

You can have the best possible soundcard in the world but if you have cheap speakers they will still sound like crap. You need a combination of both and if anything you must spend as much as possible on the speakers/amplifier to get the best possible sound. PC specific audio systems are not designed for anything remotely close to audiophile quality sound.
          Last edited by casecutter; 03-07-2009, 09:51 AM.
          GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
          AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
          Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
          Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
          Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
          PC P&C 500W PSU
          2TB Seagate
          Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X