Very stupid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very stupid question

ok I have a very stupid question I tried to figure it out myself but I'm absulutly stuck. well here it is......how do you get a scheduled task to open. for example an MP3????????

What are you using to do this (or try)? The Task Manager that comes in Windows? I'm not familiar with it (I always disable it), but is it capabale of handling anything but an executable?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I think.......a friend of mine uses it to open an MP3. He uses it for an alarm clock. I can only assume it can open anything.

Comment

Then you should be able to use it to point to whatever song file you're wanting to open and set it to a certain time. From there, the default device for that file extention should handle the rest.
        My Toys

Comment

Google will help you find a number of shareware programs that can perform various scheduled tasks.

Comment

What OS are you using?

In XP you just go to the Ad Task Wizard and add the MP3 as a task and like was said above, the associated file should take of the rest.

Comment

Is there any way to increase the volume?
              You could probably set up a vb script to do it, i was just wondering if any one knew an easy way?

Comment

Doesn't it go with the standard volume of the player? I know that when I close out Media Player, it remembers the volume level that I had set previously and just sets it there again.
                My Toys

Comment

yeah but say you were playing mp3's quiet while ytou slept, and you wanted 1 to play LOUD when it was time to wake up.

Comment

you could play the mp3's in winamp, and set the scheduled tasks to open them in mediaplayer and have the volume louder in mediaplayer!
                    There solved my own question :D

Comment

Working...
                    X