Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Overclocking UD5X58

Hello guys.

If I want to overclock my CPU, is it then enought just to raise BLCK and leave the rest at auto?
    If not .. For how long can I raise the BLCK before I need to adjustice the rest of my settings myself? Isnt the BIOS intelligent enough to adjust the setting itself?

Btw. How do I enable XMP?

Byebyyee

Re: Gigabyte Overclocking UD5X58

Kind of, but not to far. Auto Voltages tend to get way overvolted if you start to overclock to far. I would advise to not use Auto for things after about 3-3.2Ghz.

You can only enable XMP if your memory supports it, if not you would not see the XMP Setting.

What is your ram anyway and I will look and see if it has XMP

Comment

My ram is Komplett.dk - OCZ Platinum XTC DDR3 1866MHz 6GB KIT

How far can I OC my i7 920 with the Intel Stock Cooler?
      - Can u recommend me a good cooler?
      How can I know which voltages I shall use?

I read on [H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com that they had reviewed Gigabyte UD5. They write that they could increase BLCK to 180 before they needed to change anything else?

Comment

Here is the OCZ page for that memory, I do not see XMP mentioned so it may not be programmed with it? >>
        OCZ Technology | Products | Memory | OCZ DDR3 PC3-15000 CL9 Edition Platinum Series Low-Voltage Triple Channel

Do you see XMP in the MIT Section of the BIOS, under the Performance Enhance option?

Not sure how far you can overclock with a stock cooler, not very far likely as a quad gets hot!

I would recommend a ThermalRight Ultra 120, or a Noctua maybe. What store do you shop at for such items, give me a link and your price range and I will show you a few good ones

Comment

I use CoolerKit Denmark - Vandkøling, luftkøling, støjdæmpning, modding mv. or Vcore.dk

In Denmark we dont got the greatest selection, but this is what we got.

Well, I got plenty of money atm :p .. But to say a pricerange 200 euros.

Im abit scary about water, I dont know if I understand how to keep it running or install it. There is also work to do by keeping water in it, so I guess air is the best solution for me :/

How is the noiselevel of thermalright? I hope its more quite than stock xD!

Comment

Ya, you would need to read alot about water cooling it sounds like. It is not hard at all, or scary. It is expensive though, and you would want to read alot on it, and build your own setup from parts not get a kit.

I think I did this right? DKK to Euro is 370 DKK = 50 Euro? If so, then these would be great and in your price range >>>

Some are the same, just so you can compare prices

Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme - 1366 Bolt-thru-Kit

Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme 1366 RT - FDB fan

Scythe Mugen 2 SCMG-2000

Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 - 2x120mm

Thermalright TRUE Black 120

Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme

Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme-1366-RT

Not sure about this one, you would have to look at the measurements
            Thermalright IFX14 INTEL

Really, any of these would be good >>
            CoolerKit Denmark - Vandkøling, luftkøling, støjdæmpning, modding mv. Intel Socket 1366/i7

I would personally probably get a ThermalRight Ultra 120 Extreme myself, also called TRUE at some places, there is several variants

The noise of a thermalright I am not sure about, most users buy their own fans, so you would pick how loud or quiet it would be

Comment

Working...
            X