Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-x48-DQ6 with Q6600 Overclocking help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-x48-DQ6 with Q6600 Overclocking help....

Sir Lsdmeasap,here's the thread i made....
    here are my pc specs:
    proc: Q6600-stepping B
    revision GO
    MOBO: GA-x48-DQ6
    RAM: Patriot Viper Series -PC2 6400
    -800 Mhz
    -2x2 Gb
    -4-4-4-12
    GPU: Palit R4870 Dual Sonic Edition
    HSF: zigmatek Darknight
    Case: Silver Stone TJ09 v.b
    PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 800w modular
    Bios:F6

But he did not teach me well...I wana overclock it to as high as possible on air...with C1E enabled cause when im just browsing i dont want high core clocks...i just want my clocks raised when im gaming ...And I also want my ram to be overclocked so it would not be a bottle neck for my system too... Im slightly new to overclocking so pls sir... i would appreciate it with a detailed step by step guide...thank you very much... A Big Gigabyte Fan...

Gigabyte + Overclock =
    sigpic

Re: GA-x48-DQ6 with Q6600 Overclocking help....

Looks like a nice system you got there!!!

Well man, with C1E enabled you can't likely overclock much further as that will mess up your overclock. That is likely why your buddy only overclocked it to 3.2Ghz because he knew the same

If you want to overclock higher then 3.2 you will need to disable C1E and EIST

Hey, did you see the post where I answered you about the Guide? If not, the guide is here but you will still need to disable those settings first >>

Comment

Ahm yout think this is a nice system sir??? Tnx very much...
      he told me that i should enable my C1E cause im playing and browsing at the same time, But i ran my system at 48 hrs non stop...i played for 48 hrs non stop... and eat and drink in front of my pc.... yeah...I've read the guide... all i wana know is a detailed step by step guide like what you'v gave me but featuring only GA x48 DQ6...cause i wana play with this board alot... And i'm planing to have a big water cooling kit this year...that guide you've gave me was more than perfect sir..Tnx alot.. The thing is...i wana read or learn more from exactly GA x48 DQ6 only guide so i wont be counfused with other x38 or model of mobo.. And by the way I'm using a Vista SP-1 64bit....

Tnx for your kind Support sir... Even i'm a little picky on Guides...hope you understand... Thank you very much...
      Last edited by byron3; 03-12-2009, 07:41 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that is a nice system!! I would like to see some more images of the inside with the cover/door off. Looks very nice in there. What Case is that? Did you add the window or did it come like that?

Well that is the only Guide like that I know of. And it is specific to X48, the X48, X38, and P35 and so on all have the same BIOS so the guides would be the same

If you want to overclock much more you will have to disable C1E, sure it saves energy and such, but are you worried about that? You should not be if you want to overclock, it does not save all that much anyway.

If you need me to I can give you some full suggested settings for any speed, just let me know and I will give you some optimal ranges to use. I would need a link to your ram, or the model # as well if you do want me to give you some settings.

Comment

Owkie i wana overclock it to as high as possible (it really means as HIGH as POSSIBLE)on air...heres my ram link (Patriot Memory - Products)

And again i dont know how to cool my north bridge cause it already comes with the heat sink...silent pipe i think...and theres no screw holes to put a north bridge fan in it...just those heat pipes... and can you give me alittle knowlege from my revision of cpu?
          i have a Q6600 revision B,Stepping GO...they said its good but i dont know how revision affects my CPU...by the way my buddy i told you about made 3 profiles here...

one is 3ghz he said for every day use...
          two is 3.2 with C1E enabled...he said if im gaming and browsing at d sametime...
          three is 3.6 he said just use this profile to run bench marks so u would not hesitate why i bought this board..

but sir i bought this board to learn the wonderfull world of overclocking...(sounds silly wahahaha) i already toast a INF7050 avl mobo thats why now im becoming alittle bit cautios... cause i hate NVIDIA (LOL)....

If you think i'll be abble to OC it on air passing 3.3ghz or more for better...it would be nice...
          Thank you verry much for supporting me and other fans of gigabyte...your spending your time wisely and for a porpose... gigabyte should thank peoples like you helping them alot...tnx again...
          sigpic

Comment

By the way here's the pic you requested Sir...

And my case si SilverStone TJ09 v.b

I gues i'm lucky this night,I got 3.4 ghz with my temps 38c at idle and 59c at prime95 with lots of every thing tested....(means full load ^_^)...but i still need your help this was just a test i got it back to 3.2(cause im scared of what i'm doin ^_^)...
            sigpic

Comment

Sir Lsdmeasap,

I'm wondrin if my ram's bottle necking my rig, Cause at the manual of my patriot viper pc2-6400 they say that 4-4-4-12 low latency edition and 2.1-2.2v is the required voltage for this ram... But if im stress testing my cpu it suddenly blinks very fast and a BSOD (blue screen) appears...i had read the guide u gave me like 20 times...i think a memorized it...it says that gigabyte's default voltage for ram is 1.8v...then if i over volt it to 0.3v it'll be 2.1...so i done it...but i dont feel like my ram is...u know what i mean?

i dont fell like its catching up my fsb speed.. This post is at the next day i post your requested pics of my rig.... Do i have to overclock my ram too??? Or if i have how to overclock my ram? I really have no idea on how to do it... Cpu is just the thing i used to know how... And last thing i'm on 3.5ghz now thank God I prayed....My Vcore is 1.43v woth 0.30v overvoltage but the cpuz says that its 1.392v...
              Last edited by byron3; 03-14-2009, 01:46 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

You would need to put a fan on with Super Glue or rig it up with a wire or something if you wanted to add one in there

Ya, the G0 version CPU is better, it is newer and runs normally cooler and with less volts then the B3 one.

So wait, you already have 3 profiles on the BIOS? If so you can use the 3.6Ghz one. That is about all you can run that CPU on with Air cooling, more then that and temps will be likely too hot with a air cooler.

Have you loaded the 3.6Ghz Profile and tested it out, if not you should!

Very nice setup, thanks for the pics! I like how you have the stickers/case badges in there. What is that on the side, but the drive bays with the white fan on it?

Ya, the CPU Vcore voltage will always be less in windows at idle then what you set in the BIOS, and then even less under full load. This is by Intel's Design (Vdrop/Vdroop)

So you made it to 3.5 eh! Nice.

Here is what I would suggest for 3.6 (CPU Voltage will be up to you to find since all chips are different) >>>

This is Just a template I use to ask people their settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours

Code:
                Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto or Fast]
                CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8] 
                Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.0]
                CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
                CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450] 
                PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
                C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
                System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00B or 2.00D]
                DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

[B]Performance Enhance = [Standard][/B]

CAS Latency Time________________ 5
                Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 5
                Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______5
                Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 15

Set all below to highest value first.  Then later you can lower for better performance one at a time testing as you go

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3-4
                Rank Write to READ Delay________ 4-6
                Write to Precharge Delay_________ 6-8
                Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 52-62
                Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3-5
                Static tRead Value_______________ 7-10
                Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto] << always Auto

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
                CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]
                GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
                Load Line Calibration ______________ ON <<< if you see this you can enable, then your CPU Voltage will be closer in windows to what you set in the BIOS and will not drop so much or at all during full load

DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V] = 2.1V
                PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V] 
                FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] 
                (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V] << Set to +0.2-0.3
                CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.4-1.46]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
                No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
                CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
                C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
                x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
                CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
                CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
                Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Integrated Peripherals
                Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

Comment

Hehehehe,no sir...the white fan is used to cool crosfired GPU...but i installed it anyway for additive cooling...drive basys have thair own fan on the middle of the drive rack...sir you know what...your settings are all perfectly great...i tweaked some like x9 multiplier cause my rig wont boot,it would restart with default...si i did 400x9 and memory at 2.00d for it to use its 800 mhz capacity... ^^...and sir heres my problem 2nd core or worker two...fails after 10 mins on prime95...it says expected 0.4 did 0.5 ms....

is it ok to use 5-5-5-15 rather than 4-4-4-12 on this patriot series sir? im just curious ^^...and sir if i put a fan on my silent pip (north bridge)it would look wahahha...not classy...

and sir look at my desktop i used the memory i told yah,2x2gb of patriot ddr2 pc2-6400 800mhz...gut on my readings on core temp it says that my memory is only 3326 gb..why is that?

sigpic

Comment

Ya you can use 555 timings on your ram, but you should not need to at only 800Mhz. I think your workers failing in Prime are vcore or Vtt voltages need to be more is all

Ya, I know a fan wouldn't look classy, I wouldn't do it either

You need to use x64 system to be able to use more than 3-3.25GB ram, that is why you see less

If you still are having issues please post me your full settings you are trying that fail for you and I will advise back

Comment

ohh i see...sir whats a vtt byt the way??? i increased my vcore to 1.33 and 10 over voltage.....im now on 3.2 ghz cause im running my cpu too hot i think 65 on prime with air...

so i droped it down to 3.2(scared to fry sumthing on my mobo or cpu)... i think 3.2 isn't bad enough,at by december i'm waiting to have my big water cooling so i'll overclock more near december to reach 3.8 i think or even 4 with acceptable temps...
                      sigpic

Comment

sir can i raid on this board with my hdd's western digital caviar 640gb,maxtor 72000 rpm 160gb and samsung 250 gb on this mobo?im totaly noob on raids...
                        sigpic

Comment

Sorry Vtt on your board would be the FSB Voltage, to much or too little can cause errors. As well as I said you may need more Vcore so try that first, FSB Voltage should not need to be more then +0.1 at 3.2

You want 2 of the same size/speed disks to create a RAID. You can use two, but it is not advised as it will not perform well at all

Comment

Sir i've just attended a work camp for gigabyte here in philippines,Now i know and famillar of every thing on Bios... Tnx to your help sir...you really helped me alot... at the work camp they thaught me every thing i'v wana know for my mobo... im too exited to try what i've learned when i got home...now im famillar with every thing on my f6 bios.... im running 3.3ghz right now using d same q6600 and d reason is i dont wana exeed to 60c... i got up to 4ghz last nigh... and by the way im so sorry for being absent here in d forums alittle while...
                            sigpic

Comment

sir im here now to buy my water cooling kit...but im on a tight budget because of my ****in car loan.... i wana buy a cheap water cooling kit for this x48 dq6 can you give me any products with cheap but not crapy water cooling kit?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X