Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!

Last edited by vipzone; 03-19-2009, 08:46 AM.

Re: Help!!!

Are you SURE the NB heatsink is properly connected still? You could push on it a little while your system is running and if temps go down you will know that is the issue.

You should also be able to tell if it has been knocked out of place by touching it while the system is on, if it is cold or does not feel warm then you know it is not on properly

Comment

I had this PC for one year and it worked fine but I've never checked the temp before and it possible that it's been like this since the beginning.A few weeks ago my PC was only starting for a few seconds and then restarted again until I turned it off from the turn off button.If I tried to turn it on again and still did the same thing but when I turn off the power supply and started again it worked fine.After a while this problem started repeating more often and turning off the power didn't fix it but after a few times pushing the restart button start working for hours until I turned it off(log off,hybernate).I first taught that is my OS and I reinstall the windows and the drivers and the problem remained.I started reaserching in forums ,people suggested it's BIOS so I took the battery of the BIOS and putted back on and it didn't fix it then I succesfuly updated to the latest version of BIOS following the instructions and the problem got worst and sometimes freezes before loading to BIOS screen .I've install Everest and then found out about my temp problem.I opened it and touch it but it didn't seem that hot .I have tree fans and all of them work fine
      Last edited by vipzone; 03-20-2009, 05:14 AM.

Comment

This is my MB
        I don't know how the PC is working fine for many hours since the temp of motherboard is vary from 92 C to 95 C most of the times 93 C .
        Last edited by vipzone; 03-20-2009, 06:03 AM.

Comment

What version of everest are you using, maybe it is to old. Have you checked in the BIOS in PC Health section, or with A few other software's such as HWmonitor or Easytune

If your NB does not get hot when you run Memtest or Orthos/Prime then it is not properly connected. You should be able to feel it getting warm, don't be afraid to grab it you will be fine

What MCH and FSB Voltage do you have set in the BIOS anyway?

Comment

Everest Ultimate says 93C. The BIOS says 93C and EasyTune5 says 93 .
            Last edited by vipzone; 03-21-2009, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Ya, that is hot for sure then and not just a software glitch or issue. MCH and FSB Voltages settings are in the MIT Section, you cannot see the value, only what you have set for them. If you have not set anything then they would be stock values and not be part of the issue, I asked about that just incase you had set them and maybe did so too high

Comment

I've run memtest holding the NB heatsink in my hand and the temp has changed just a little bit and it doesn't seem hot at all.Is it normal for my PC to work like champ for 20 hours with this high temp ?I had my PC turn off overnight then I turn it on and I checked the BIOS right away and the temp was 90 C and in 30 seconds the temp went to 92 C and now is 95 C with no difference if the fans are on.What should I do now?Can I safely use it?Is it possible to have been like this from the beginning ?Thank you

Comment

Well ya, if that is correct. I just posted the info on NB Temps for someone else >>

Have you contacted Gigabyte to see if they say there is a known issue with the sensor for this board? If you have not, you should to see what they say as it may be a known issue >>>
                  GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

If they say it is not, then I would advise you RMA the board

Comment

Originally posted by vipzone View Post
                    This is my MB
                    I don't know how the PC is working fine for many hours since the temp of motherboard is vary from 92 C to 95 C most of the times 93 C .
                    I can see a prob right here.

Your HSF is mounted backwards blowing heated air back into the case, it should be mounted so that it blows out the rear exhaust port.

Comment

^^ Right ^^

Thanks for noticing that, can't believe I did not see that!!!!

I don't think it would make system temps be this high, but not sure as I have never ran a setup with the CPU heat dumped into the case!!

Thanks, wow I don't know why I overlooked that? Looked right at the NB only I guess?

Comment

Working...
                      X