• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ongoing Random System Freezes

Recently put together a new system, specs:
    MB: Gigabyte GA-EP45T-DS3R*
    CPU: E8400
    RAM: 4gb Kingston DDR3 1333Mhz (2 x 2gb)
    PSU: Corsair HX-520

Kingston model number is KVR1333D3N9K2/4G, http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/conf...3N9K2/4G&root=

I have ongoing issues with random system freezes. I originally had the two RAM sticks in slots 2 & 4. Changed to 1 & 3 and I think there was a slight improvement (less frequent freezes) but its hard to tell.

Happens randomly while browsing the net or anything and also while playing games. Can sometimes play games for hours before it decides to go, similarly when just using the OS.

I'm convinced this is a RAM issue as I've seen many other posts of people with the same motherboard having freezing issues related to 4gb of ram.

Okay so what's the process here, after my BIOS settings? I've run memtest86+ but only for an hour or so with no errors.

Help much appreciated :)

Edit: Additional info,
    Vista 32bit
    Latest BIOS rev (version 3 from gigabyte website)
    Last edited by EmersonKB; 03-30-2009, 09:36 AM. Reason: additional info

Re: Ongoing Random System Freezes

yeah freezing and HDD on Red (non stop)
    Change you powersupply
    CPU:Intel I7 920 @ 3.6 Ghz
    M.B:GA-x58A-Ud3R
    DisPlay: GA-GTX 260
    Memory: HyperX 3x4GB
    DiskDrive:W.D 1T, W.D 160G
    P.W: HEC 750 W

Comment

Re: Ongoing Random System Freezes

I'm having identical problems with an EP45T-UD3LR mobo and Kingston 1333Mhz ram, 2 x 2Gb

Just randomly freezes up tight. I'm using vista 64 bit, and have the memory running dual channel interleaved. I'm using the 'optimized' bios settings. My proc is an intel Q9660 2.83Ghz.

Don't listen to that guy about swapping your PSU. The one you have is a good one. I have a high-quality one too (TX550W).

I'm pretty sure its a RAM issue and I'm thinking about just saying f-it and throw it away as garbage and get some OCZ.

I already had to send one batch of that Kingston ram back because it produced numerous errors in memtest86. Its amazing they let that junk out the door.

Comment

Working...
      X