Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EP45T-UD3LR: how to get everything up to "speed," HeLp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45T-UD3LR: how to get everything up to "speed," HeLp!

Ok here's the story:

I just built a system but when i check cpuz, it says that the core speed of the e8500 i'm using is at 1999.7 MHz, isn't it supposed to be at 3.16GHz or 3160MHz? In the BIOS, its says that the multiplier is 8 but cpuz is saying that the multiplier is 6?!

I'm not doing any overclocking here, just trying to get everything going at the speed that the box that it came from says it should be going at.

Also, i put in 8gb of DDR3 ram that should be going at 1333MHz, but when i check the BIOS, it says that its at 1066MHz. What am i missing here?

Here's the specs

motherboard: GIGABYTE EP45T-UD3LR
    ram: 8GB of DDR3 1333MHz
    cpu: e8500 3.16 GHz

I wanted to know what I have to do to get everything running at 1333MHz. I know the cpu is capable of it. And for sure the motherboard is too. I'm guessing that there is just some elusive setting that i've missed somewhere. can anyone help in this matter?

Re: EP45T-UD3LR: how to get everything up to "speed," HeLp!

Heh your problem is most likely not a problem.

When under low load, your pc will cut down speed and reduce power consumption. You can test if this is your issue by disabling all power saving features in your bios as well as in windows.

Then check your cpu-z and see if it matches your bios settings :)

As for your RAM, you may need to adjust your RAM divider to get it to run at 1333. Your E8500 comes with a stock FSB speed of 333 I think. So for your RAM to run at that speed you'll need a RAM divider that lands it at 1333.

Comment

Working...
    X