Confused on 2 Different WD HDD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused on 2 Different WD HDD's

Okay i am going to be buying another HDD a 1T. Well i wont go anything besides a WD. I've had nothing but extremely good luck with them throughout the years. So kinda one that wont change there ways until im dissappointed.

Well my Question is whats different on these 2 Drives?

Western Digital RE3 WD1002FBYS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

&

Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

They both 32mb, 7200 rpm, 5 Year Warrenty. But the Black is running somethign with a Dual Proccesor.

So with that im confused on why the Black is $50 cheaper then the RE3? Is the RE line still that much better? I'm currently running 2 WD 500's RE2. SO yeah im happy with them. Just I've seen supposdly good on these Blacks but with it being that much cheaper has me confused some.

Could anyone let me know which one if they know whats better? Money isen't a problam. I'll pay the $160 if the RE3 is that much better. But i just don't see how it is. In long run looks like the Black is a better drive? But if anybody could help me. Thanks

Re: Confused on 2 Different WD HDD's

The RE (1st link) is an enterprise drive meant mainly for servers (hence the higher price) while the other is the high performance desktop drive version.

Comment

Working...
    X