ET6 Crash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ET6 Crash?

I updated BIOS from F7 to F9 last night and now ET6 won't load, it crashes with a debug error regarding the file afxwin1.inl. Anyone have any input?

Best Quote Ever...
    Originally posted by Psycho101
    Obey the one and only rule without question when you overclock.... don't cause a fire. Fires are hot and burny... not good.
    Intel E8400 EO@445x9--Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 ~ F9--EVGA 9800GT @ 700/1750/1100--8GB Gskill 1066

Re: ET6 Crash?

Uninstall the version you are using and try the latest Version B09.0417.1 >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Utility

If you are using that version already you may want to try a older version? Did you load and apply optimized defaults only then save and apply/reboot before making changes in the new BIOS? Just checking

You are not using old BIOS Profiles from your old BIOS in the new one are you?

I see that is a Visual Studio C++ Win XP SP2 32bit only file, and MS does not support this any longer it looks like?
    FIX: Link Paste Update Causes ASSERT in AFXWIN1.INL

Do you have all the latest Updates (Including optional like.Net Framework) installed?

Comment

ET 6 did an auto Update right before I flashed the new BIOS, as I recall. But I will try the link for the update manually.

When I updated the BIOS I followed your instructions in your guide exaclty. I set Optimized, rebooted, loaded flash, rebooted, set Optimum, rebooted, set RAID, rebooted, let Windows load to make sure it worked, rebooted then made tweaks to 445 x 9. Then I wanted to run ET 6 to see my voltages while I was reading some of your posts and that is when it started crashing.

As for BIOS profiles, I am ashamed to admit that I don't know how to store Profiles. I am forced to make changes on the whole manually, lol. So, no, I didn't use any profiles.

I assume that I have all the current updates from MS, the updater is set to auto, but I will navigate over there and confirm it manually.

More later.

Best Quote Ever...
      Obey the one and only rule without question when you overclock.... don't cause a fire. Fires are hot and burny... not good.
      Intel E8400 EO@445x9--Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 ~ F9--EVGA 9800GT @ 700/1750/1100--8GB Gskill 1066

Comment

All MS is updated. .NET is 3.5 SP1. I decided to try something else. I uninstalled ET 6, re-installed it, rebooted, and TADA!! it now works.

Best Quote Ever...

Comment

Nice to see you got it going!!!

Here is how you use profiles, so you don't have to do it manually always!

On the MAIN Page of the BIOS hit F11 to save your current BIOS as a profile, then name it something you will know what it is, Like 3.6 stable, or 450x8 stable, ect.

Then make some changes in the MIT Section and esc back out to the MAIN page and hit F11 again, then move the cursor past the first entry so you don't overwrite it and name this profile something else like 3.7 working or 465x8 working.

Now you have two profiles, you can have up to 8. Just be sure when you are saving you do not overwrite a previous profile unless you mean to. Another thing to keep in mind is sometimes when switching between profiles the memory multi can get set to AUTO so always be sure to check this setting before hitting F10 so you don't end up with a non boot and can't figure out why.

On the MAIN Page of the BIOS press F12 to Load a profile, scroll around and select the profile you want by name and press enter. It is now loaded in the MIT section you can check your memory multi as listed above or just Hit F10 from the MAIN page to apply it.

Keep in mind, this also stores all other settings in the BIOS so if you have something disabled you need enabled be sure you check it before applying

Comment

I have a question on EasyTune6.

Is it compatible with Windows 2003 Server 32bit ? Can I install it? or may I have problems with it? And something else..

DES Advanced is only software-based, BIOS-based, or software/Bios-based ? I dont understand how it works. I mean, I have Windows 2003 Server installed and I want to have the energy-saver features of my motherboard. Is Windows 2003 compatible with those features?

Thanks !
            http://dailyfix.gr
            Blogging for your daily needs!
            Geeks Revenge! Cause being a Geek in those days is SO COOL!

Comment

Easytune should work for you in server 03, I have not seen any reports that it does not. Then again not many users report about issues with that OS often due to the number of users is lower then most others. You will just have to install it and see, be sure you have the latest version, and the latest BIOS installed and you should be good to go.

DES is software based, but it does work with the BIOS from a within OS Level. You personally would only use it in windows. Hope that helps, same as above would apply about the OS compatibility.

I do not see server (Any version) listed, but you know how that goes. Just have to try them out and see if they work or not. If not, just uninstall them

Comment

Working...
              X