X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-M56S-S3 mobo wont take new ram

Hi

noob here.

Trying to install new ram (2x2gb corsair CM2X2048-6400C5) to my system but it wont post once the new ram is installed and booted up. No beeps no nothing. I've updated the bios, cleared the CMOS and nothing.

Is there any settings i can change in bios before installing the new ram so it will pick it up?

Thanks in advance

oz_nick

Re: GA-M56S-S3 mobo wont take new ram

Originally posted by oz_nick View Post
    Hi

noob here.

Trying to install new ram (2x2gb corsair CM2X2048-6400C5) to my system but it wont post once the new ram is installed and booted up. No beeps no nothing. I've updated the bios, cleared the CMOS and nothing.

Is there any settings i can change in bios before installing the new ram so it will pick it up?

Thanks in advance

oz_nick
    I have a ga-ma780g-ud3h motherboard and 2gb of corsair sticks of ram would not work.
    i changed them to 1gb sticks and it is now ok.
    I looked on gigabytes website for memory they had tested and found they had only tested it with 1gb sticks and not the 2gb sticks.

Comment

so how many gb are you running? only 2? cause thats what i got in there now and was wanting more. or are you running 4x1gb?

Comment

Originally posted by oz_nick View Post
        so how many gb are you running? only 2? cause thats what i got in there now and was wanting more. or are you running 4x1gb?
        I am using 4 1 gb sticks and it works ok

I have just looked on the gigabyte website for your motherboard and only the corsair 1 gb memory sticks are listed.
        Last edited by geordie; 05-19-2009, 09:39 AM. Reason: more content

Comment

Working...
        X