ud5 and noctua nh-u12p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ud5 and noctua nh-u12p

hi does anyone know if the noctua nh-u12p heatsink will fit on the ud5 with corsair dominator ram thanks

Re: ud5 and noctua nh-u12p

I have found the answer on the noctura website. It is comparable

Comment

I have the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 with the Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 and the Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D (Dominator 3 x 2 GB) as you can see, the HSF fits on the MB and clears the white memory slots. There would be a clearance issue if the same memory was in the blue slots. However, the fan can be easily mounted higher as long as there is sufficient clearance in the case.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Gigabyter, Thanks for the photo and reply, Please could you let me know what speed you could get out of your cpu with this cooler, and you temps. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by killersjp View Post
          Hi Gigabyter, Thanks for the photo and reply, Please could you let me know what speed you could get out of your cpu with this cooler, and you temps. Thanks
          Haven't tried oc'ng yet. I must say however that those fans are the most quiet I've heard. I tried using the MB to monitor the speed but don't get reliable results. The BIOS sometimes reports the speed of one or both fans as zero.

Can't remember temps. I'll check next time. I don't have it in the case yet. I'm still trying to figure out a reliable method of dual booting winXP and win7.

Comment

Working...
          X