Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA770T-UD3P Question

Hi Guys,

My first post here, looks like a great forum.
    Looking to match a GA-MA770T-UD3P with the Phenom II 550BE, but have noticed from Gigabytes website details that the CPU isn't supported yet. Does anyone know different ?

Cheers,
    Gunnar.

Re: GA-MA770T-UD3P Question

Bump...Anybody know ?

Comment

Yeap, looks to be unsupported as of now.

What you could do is write in to tech support and ask if they have future plans of adding support for that CPU with that board
      GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

Another thing you could do is just try it and see, often unsupported CPU's work they are just not tested yet or fully compatible. But do keep in mind that it may also not work, so don't buy expecting it to work for sure. I'd ask them directly about it, maybe they are already testing it or would send you a beta BIOS.

Comment

Thankyou....I've posed the question to them.

Cheers,
        Gunnar.

Comment

Hi All,

Thought i'd update this thread.
          I've just heard back from Gigabyte Support and the 550BE is currently undergoing testing with the GA-MA770T-UD3P motherboard. They'll update the website as and when they are happy.

Unfortunately, it looks like I need to purchase sooner so will have to go with a proven (more expensive) motherboard.

Cheers,
          Gunnar.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, but if you want to go ahead and buy it sounds to me like it is working and they are just working out the kinks with the BIOS is all.

Of course don't base you purchase on my thoughts, that's just what I would do if it was me

Comment

Working...
            X