HP Mini 1000 - 64GB SSD Not detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP Mini 1000 - 64GB SSD Not detected

I just recieved my SSD. I have a HP Mini 1000 2GB Ram WinXP, Ubuntu, and Win7.

I can get the drive to work in USB mode, but installed in the USB case and with the cable adapter. But can't get the HP to see the drive with the PATA Zif connector.

Re: HP Mini 1000 - 64GB SSD Not detected

Uhmmm, Should have read that before I sent it.

I can get the drive to work in USB mode, both installed inthe USB case with the lif connector and with the cable adapter. But I can't get the HP to see the ssd with the lif/zif connector.

Comment

upside down the cable before connect with ssd, try it

Comment

make sure the zif cable inserted deep enough, also need carefully.

Comment

there's another thread here about this problem. we think it's dodgy soldering. percevere, mine get's detected about 1 in 3 times and once up and running it's not a problem.
          we're waiting to see if they'll be kind enough to send out replacements before our current disks are returned, because it's not always going to be possible to swap back in the original drives, given the problems most of us had with the ziff cables.....

Comment

PATA drive? You may want to recheck the controller in the HP Mini 1000 you have, but the controller in the HP 110 I have is a SATA.

Comment

Working...
            X