No announcement yet.

How do I update chipset drivers for 'Gigabyte S-Series GA-MA74GM-S2(rev 1.x)'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I update chipset drivers for 'Gigabyte S-Series GA-MA74GM-S2(rev 1.x)'

I need to update my chipset drivers for my Gigabyte S-Series GA-MA74GM-S2(rev 1.x) motherboard. I selected the correct download. But when I get it, well, they're all pointing to ATi drivers. I try running one of the many .exe files in here, and most say;
    "Setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration. Please make sure you have the required hardware or software."

I was messing around and it installed drivers for my Southbridge. Apparently that's ATi. And according to CPU-Z, both my Northbridge and Southbridge are ATi-made.

But why won't it install everything? Do I still have to download drivers for my CPU? My CPU is a Phenom X4 9550.

My OS is Windows XP Home SP3, and I have directly downloaded the drivers from Gigabyte;
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver - GA-MA74GM-S2 (rev. 1.x)
    Last edited by Benie; 07-07-2009, 01:49 PM.

Re: How do I update chipset drivers for 'Gigabyte S-Series GA-MA74GM-S2(rev 1.x)'

(both my Northbridge and Southbridge are ATi-made.) AMD owns ATI and has for a few years now.
    Yes Phenom drivers are here----> AMD.com | Support & Downloads I don't know if your system requires them or not. You will have to determine that.
    Last edited by artdrivers; 07-07-2009, 04:20 PM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Re: How do I update chipset drivers for 'Gigabyte S-Series GA-MA74GM-S2(rev 1.x)'

That is the correct page, all you should have to do is download the file here and run it

Chipset / VGA / SATA RAID (FTP Link from your Driver Download Page)
      ftp://download.gigabyte.ru/driver/mo...7series_xp.exe

Maybe you just extracted it to far? Not sure if this is one of the packaged files or not, I can check for you tonight if you like. But all you really should do is click the file and it should install, if it extracts to a folder you should only find one setup.exe or install.exe inside run that and that should be it.

You can however also install the drivers direct from ATI/AMD if you like, they are included with the ATI Catalyst driver downloads. You want the top link here
      ATI Catalyst? Legacy Display Driver

Comment

All I know is I installed the chipset drivers, and I had them extracted to a folder I made called "Chipset Drivers", and there's more than one .exe file in it.

I don't really know how to explain. But the folder structure is like this;
        Chipset_Drivers
        -XP
        --Driver
        ---BIN
        ---Driver
        ----XP6A_INF
        -----B_67690

----XP_INF
        -----B_67690

--SBDrv
        ---RAID7xx
        ----X64
        ----X86

---SMBUS

Comment

Hi Benie Did you research AMD yet? I believe you might find the drivers your looking for there as well.
          AMD Support Search
          Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
          Logitech G500 USB mouse

Comment

Those drivers are only for my CPU. According to another site I went to, hardforum.com, they say that updating the driver is unnecessary.
            How do I update chipset drivers for Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2(rev 1.x) - [H]ard|Forum

Comment

Please look again, They are chipset drivers on the second post. I am sorry if I decieved you. I was'nt specific enough. If your page dosn't show as mine click on Product type then select chipset drivers.
              AMD Support Search
              Last edited by artdrivers; 07-07-2009, 07:13 PM.
              Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
              Logitech G500 USB mouse

Comment

I'm sorry. I still don't understand. Are you saying my motherboard is an AMD?
                My CPU is an AMD. Not my Motherboard.

AMD Support Search

Comment

UPDATE your chipset and Phenom is an AMD your motherboard is a Gigabyte you would at this point be better off to downoload your drivers for your chipset from the chipset manufacturer. Please realize that not all your drivers are AMD. You have some trick Realtek drivers that you should update. I was getting a 70 second delay due to some southbridge drivers that were from Realtek. AMD has drivers in their chipset that can cause issues also. Realtek has drivers in the southbound chipset as well. This was all about the Southbridge. Your Motherboard has a northbridge too. We need to know alot more about what you need to help make it simple to answer. All we know is you need a chipset driver update. We are still trying to establish if it is the South chipset or North chipset. Thats the same as a Southbridge or a Northbridge.( Maybe even one of the other chips on your board )? The best way I know how is to update them all. If you notice I did not use the name ATI, although your system has alot of the ATI hardware and software in it. Now I am confussed. LOL Lets make this simple. AMD is ATI now. Most of your boards chips comes from AMD so I would ask you to consider research at the AMD forums. I found them to be helpful as well. I am not trying to send you away. It is worth a look. Come back and let us know.
                  Last edited by artdrivers; 07-07-2009, 08:17 PM.
                  Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                  Logitech G500 USB mouse

Comment

Yes, it is not always necessary, unless you are having issues. The ATI Link I gave you will install the drivers as well, did you miss that?

Anyway, I downloaded your driver package from Gigabyte and looks like you just Can run the driver installer possibly. Please run setup.exe from within the XP\Driver folder, if that fails try the other installer issetup.exe. If that fails as well (Shouldn't) go inside XP\Driver\Driver folder and run setup.exe. If still no luck, which you should have been able to install them by trying all of the above already, please see the below comments about manually installing .inf files, and go inside the XP\Driver\Driver\XP_INF and right click the inf and install as stated below.

Another thing you can try is this, from the inside of the XP INF Folder, find the .inf files and right click them and choose install. This works on some drivers, but not all. You would of course need file extensions enabled if you do not have them already, so you could see which files are .inf. This can be done from Folder Options, in the View tab, uncheck "Hide Extensions for Known File Types" if it is checked.

You can easily though, just install the driver package from ATI/AMD I linked above.

Yes, your motherboard is AMD Basically, it has AMD Chipsets (AMD North Bridge and South Bridge) is why we are telling you these things.

Comment

Working...
                    X