Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW3X4G1333C9 and Gigabyte GA-EP45C-DS3 problem

Re: TW3X4G1333C9 and Gigabyte GA-EP45C-DS3 problem

Did you try to power up more than once each time it beeped?
    Is the memory voltage the only settings that is changes when it happens (or maybe that's the only change you apploed to optimized defaults?)

Do you turn the PSU off when you shut it? If so this may indicate a low (or missplaced/missing CMOS battery)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
        Did you try to power up more than once each time it beeped?
        Is the memory voltage the only settings that is changes when it happens (or maybe that's the only change you apploed to optimized defaults?)

Do you turn the PSU off when you shut it? If so this may indicate a low (or missplaced/missing CMOS battery)
        If I let it beep in the third time it looks like load bios default and continues, on time crush at post and the other time passed away to windows

I updated my bios and tried with DDR2 and played Call of Duty, but same problem, I saw that everything happen when ued memory is around 1800 MB, some times 1700 and some times 1900, I will test everything with another MOBO and CPU, and memory, and then i should find out what the problem is

by the way, my battery is OK

I don't know if I should change any other voltage besides DDR voltage, I've put MCH to 1.05, 1.2, 1.22, 1.24 and 1.26 and the beeps keep coming.

Comment

If your PC is restarting three times then your settings are incorrect and the system will load it's own, very loose stable settings.

Very fast Multiple beeps (Power error) is often caused by incorrect ram settings, most often this is a incorrect tRD (Static tRead Value). I assume you are leaving that on auto since you have your main timings on auto as well, right? If so then this could be the issue and you will need to manually set it to a higher value.

Either way, since you asked, yes I do advise always the latest BIOS (Beta Even if there is one). I see your latest is F5 as you said. If you are unsure about how to flash please read this guide and DO NOT use @BIOS >>

If you would give us a link to your ram, or the model # we can give you a set of suggested settings to start with

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
            If your PC is restarting three times then your settings are incorrect and the system will load it's own, very loose stable settings.

Very fast Multiple beeps (Power error) is often caused by incorrect ram settings, most often this is a incorrect tRD (Static tRead Value). I assume you are leaving that on auto since you have your main timings on auto as well, right? If so then this could be the issue and you will need to manually set it to a higher value.

Either way, since you asked, yes I do advise always the latest BIOS (Beta Even if there is one). I see your latest is F5 as you said. If you are unsure about how to flash please read this guide and DO NOT use @BIOS >>

If you would give us a link to your ram, or the model # we can give you a set of suggested settings to start with
            All the RAM timings are in auto, this is my RAM corsair TW3X4G1333C9 and this is the datasheet http://www.corsair.com/_datasheets/TW3X4G1333C9.pdf

OK, I will see with tRD value is auto for me with CPU-Z or something and I will try to set it higher. By the way, my RAM is 1.6 V, what MCH should I use? I suppose I have to try until find a good one.

I've updated to the latest BIOS (F5) with Qflash and call of duty crush with DDR2, today I'll try with DDR3 when I get home.

The fact is that two weeks ago i had had turned ON my PC for 2 or 3 days downloading things and nothing happened, and just turn off and turn on and beeps. Let's see what happen now with DDR3 and F5 bios...

I will read better your post named Memory Timings Explained W/ Suggested Timings & Memset VS. BIOS, maybe I can get some conclusions from there.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

Thanks for your help, Ifinally one RAM stick is bad, MOBO only beeps when it is put, so I will go and change it. Thank you for your help.
              By the way, I want to cool more my CPU (Q9550) and I can buy this 450g heatsink + fan CoolerMaster Z200 full review , I know there are much heavier heatsinks+fans, but does this could be a problem for my MOBO or CPU, taking into account its weight?
              I think that no problem, but maybe u can give me a good opinion, explanation or link to see.
              Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
              X