corsair 1.9v on a m720-us3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corsair 1.9v on a m720-us3

HI all , I need advice , I have a m720-us3 motherboard with memory voltage of 1.8v , I got 4gb ,2x 2gb of 6400 c5 corsair memory but it runs at 1.9v , now when I try to run a game it fails , can anybody give me some advice as I am not an overclocker and am a bit stuck .
    Thanx

Re: corsair 1.9v on a m720-us3

Not sure what you are asking? Sounds like you need to raise your memory voltage to 1.9V though, and you may need to add some Northbridge/memory controller voltage and raise your refresh to act delay tRFC to 52-62 as well.

Comment

Yes i need to raise mem votage to 1.9v but dont know how , I built this system so I am not a total NOOB , but i am not an overclocker , it is still a dark art to me so I am a bit lost , should have checked the Mobo manual before I bought the RAM , someone told me to press CTRL F1 at BIOS screen and do it from there , but that seems to just drop the memory voltage , is that the way to go ? .
      System
      GA M720-US3
      AMD X2 7850be 2.8ghz
      PNY 9800GT
      2X Corsair 2gb xms 6400 c5c

Comment

Sorry, I just wasn't sure what you were asking. All you need to do is go into the BIOS and then into the MIT Section and adjust your Memory Voltage and possible Northbridge or Memory Controller.

Since this board is so new I can't download a Manual OR BIOS for your board yet so I can shown you an image or the exact wording of these settings.

If you cannot find them, can you please install @BIOS and save a copy of your current BIOS using the "Save Current BIOS to File" Button and then upload the file and post me a link. Then I can give you some specifics if you don't find the settings.

Here is @BIOS download
        http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...lity&FileID=52

Or you can post me some images of your MIT Section of your BIOS

About Control + F1, that may or may not be needed in your BIOS as the board is pretty new it is not likely. But how that works is on the MAIN Page of the BIOS you press Control + F1 and the screen will flash, then any settings there were previously hidden will be visible is all.

Comment

No probs mate , I have seen MIT in the BIOS and looked AT DDR2 voltage control , says increases memory voltage by 0.10v to 0.30v at 0.1v increment , but I am not sure what to to , its a pretty daunting place to be for an overclocking NOOB , I get heart palps when i mess with BIOS settings , there is HT-LINK Voltage option that also increases memory voltage by 0.1v to 0.2v at 0.1v increments , it says in the manual set at normal supplies the northbridge voltage as required , is that any help ?

Comment

OK, thanks!

You want to set DDR2 voltage to +0.1 this equals your 1.9V ram spec.

Then see how it works, if still unstable try increasing the HT Link By +0.1 then if no luck 0.2. If that still fails then you may have another issue.

Is this only in one game? How does other stress testing programs like Orthos Or Prime95 or Memtest86+ go?

Comment

ok tried all of that and BIOS still shows memory channel 1.8v , says 1.9v in MIT but no change , still not running games , before I put the corsair in I was running Kingston memory no problem { Dont have the Kingston anymore }, can I lower the voltage on the Corsair to 1.8v , if so any advice on how to do that please, seems to me that rather than force the Mobo up maybe better to force the memory down .

Comment

Please look in Health section after setting 1.9V and rebooting, do you see 1.9V or close to it listed? If not try setting 2.0V, reboot and check health section again and see what voltage is shown for your memory.

I need to see your full settings to best advise, ya you may be able to run at 1.8V but that should not be an issue for you to set more. Maybe you are missing some other setting?

Sorry I do not have any AMD Templates, can you post me images of your settings in the BIOS and I will try to advise back

Did your games work before? Just trying to see if maybe the games themselves have issues with your setup, or just the new memory is not setup right yet.

Comment

Sorry ,I didnt explain it well , my head was starting to get fried ,when I raised the voltage 0.1v and HT Link 0.1 and then 0.2 , each time it said 1.9 in MIT but it still said 1.8 with memory running at 1.95 in health . I am starting to think I might have to bight the bullet and try and sell this ram and get some 1.8 ram , I will try raising the voltage 0.2 and the same in HT Llink to see if that works , CTRL F1 , gave me another option where raise or lower the 4 Dims by % , tried it on auto and memory went down from 1.95 to 1.85 , but cant find a way to get it lower , tried minus 4% but still 1.85 , might try minus 6 or 8 % see what that does , but I am starting to get desperate now and desperate people do stupid things , dont want to kill my computer .
                  THANX for all your help mate , you have the patience of an angel , dont know how you do it day after day

Comment

It will always say 1.8 on the left, if that is what you mean.

It is not so much the voltage needing changed as the HT as well, even with 1.8V ram you will need to change the HT Voltage too for 2x2GB. Since you are seeing 1.95V ram then you are fine. Leave that as it is.

Please post me some pics of your BIOS and I will advise, you are letting yourself get too worked up over something easy. No need to get desperate as the voltage does not have to be exact anyway

Comment

Hi LSDMEASAP , Raised voltage 0.2 TO 2.0V and that worked ,can now load games but unstable , have had graphics driver has stopped and was recovered a couple of times and also general crashes , Far cry 2 seems ok though , I am running windows 7 rc build 7100 but have had no problem until now , do you think I need to raise HT Link any as I have left that alone. I dont know how to take pictures of my BIOS screen .
                      THANX

Comment

Ya, I would rasie HT link one or two. And you may need to be sure you set tRFC (Refresh to Act Delay) to 195ns or 327ns.

You would have to use a camera to take pictures of your BIOS, then upload and post here.

Are you using the latest Driver for your GFX Card? If not please download them >>
                        Drivers & Software

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Are you overclocked at all? If so you may need more CPU Voltages as well. Sorry I can't offer you a full set of suggested settings. I do not use AMD so I dunno!

Comment

Will try that ,yep GFX Drivers are upto date , if I have no luck with your last suggestion then I think its white flag time for me , back to Kingston memory, but at least I have learned something about changing voltages from you so not a total wast off time , thanx for your help and patience .
                          Gortex out
                          ps ,if all goes well I will let you know

Comment

Good luck, and keep us posted.

I can help with AMD, just not as much as Intel. So if you need anymore advice let me know and I will tryt o help

Comment

Working...
                            X