E6420---Stop Laughing!... Please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E6420---Stop Laughing!... Please....

As pointed out in my "Heat Challenge" post, my computing ability has fallen on hard times for an unknown number of months. I've updated my signature with my "new" and un-improved system. I have no earthly idea what to do with this one. I'm going to get an E8400 as soon as circumstances allow, but that is a future disability check. I have this E6420 chip running on the indicated board at 3.2GHz which is a great overclock using pretty much the same settings as my Q6600. Only the Vcore is 1.39V. I think I can get more but every article I've seen refers to ancient motherboards with setting I don't recognize, let alone understand. Any help with my "new" challenge would be most appreciated. I see plenty of posts for OC'ing the E8400 when the time comes. The current price of those is VERY attractive to me.

I do know that I don't need a quad with the type of computing I'll ever do and the E8400 will be a nice endpoint for me...I'm old and by the time I can get a new rig, they will fit in a pocket.

We are entering the shade tree mechanic era folks. Our GTO's will give way to a Volkswagen Up pretty soon...knowing full well we'll keep these beautiful beasts on the power grid for years to come.
    Last edited by OldGeek; 08-18-2009, 07:19 AM. Reason: mistyped processor id

Re: E6420---Stop Laughing!... Please....

New and Un-Improved I like it!

I can help, but I assume you would like to learn. I take it you read the P35 Guide posted, which of course covers some of the P45 settings. Which would you like more knowledge on? I mean I can help you with settings, but I can't explain them all to you one by one as that would be a guide :) Something I have not written yet for P45 and may never have the time to get one done up with P55 coming out.

If you just need help with settings for a bit and don't care really then post me your full settings (Link in Signature for Template) and I can advise you on the areas you are unsure about.

8400 sounds like a great choice, you can likely grab one on eBay for around $100 if you keep an eye out.

Comment

Working...
    X