Crashes and BSOD with EP45-UD3P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes and BSOD with EP45-UD3P

Hey all I have built this new rigg around June, I had to originally RMA the Gigabyte motherboard and Processor once already. After getting the items a second time I built it. Heres my specs.

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
    Intel [email protected] Yorkfield
    GSkill F2-8500-CL5D DDR2 1066 4GB (2x2GB) Ram
    EVGA GTX 260 216 Core Edition
    Seagate 1.5TB Hard Drive
    OCZ ModXStream Pro 700 Watt PSU
    Also recently got a Guardian 921 Chassis, 2 Scythe "Ultra Kaze" 120 MM fans and a Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer.
    Running Windows Vista Ultimate 32Bit

Originally I had Vista Ultimate 32 Bit (Cracked from friend), but I swapped to a Legit Vista Ultimate 32 Bit when I swapped my old Western Digital to new Seagate HDD. So my problems is that when I first built the computer I had an old western digital 80GB hard drive and would always get BSOD or Crashes during game plays (ALL GAMES). The BSOD are random, sometimes during bootup sometimes idling, sometimes during emailing. I decided to check my temps to see if that was the problem they idled at 60-70, but I changed my cooling system and now it runs at 40-50 and near 65 with load. After swapping the cooling system I also swapped my secondary Seagate 1.5TB HDD into my primary and took out the Western Digital one. I also tried to do memtest, now heres the thing I can individually do a memtest no problem for hours but once I start dual channeling them it would reboot my computer once the test starts. Also I ran prime95 with no problems also. My problem is what is causing the BSOD? I have screens like IRQL_Less_Than_Or_Not_Equal, Memory_Management, Bad_Pool_Caller, and some with no names but codes that I can not recall. Does this sound like a bad motherboard? I asked my cousin and he said it might be but isn't sure so I want to ask before I go and get a RMA.

Thanks please respond :)
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Rev 1.0
    EVGA Gtx 260 896MB 216 Cores Edition
    Intel Q9550 Yorkfield at 2.83Ghz
    Seagate 1.5TB Sata HDD
    GSkill F2-8500-CL5D DDR2 1066Mhz 4GB Ram (2x2GB) http://gskill.com/products.php?index=57
    Suntech CCF Cooler
    2 Scythe Ultra Kaze 120 mm fans.
    NZXT Guardian 921 Chassis
    Ocz ModxStream Pro 700 Watt PSU.

Re: Crashes and BSOD with EP45-UD3P

Those errors do seem to be memory related.
    Fill the template from this post or the one after with your current settings.
    A screen capture of MemSet main and spd window (click "spd" button) and EasyTune advanced voltage tab may help too.
    Put you system specs in your signature with a link to your memory web page (manufacturer) it help to keep track what it's all about.
    Can you use one memory module in all slots?
    If you haven't load optimized defaults yet it is recommended that you do so and then reapply any changes you made in BIOS.
    For DDR-1066 the memory voltage need to be set according to ot's spec for that speed.
    MCH Core may also need to be increased for 2x2GB memory configuration. Try to increase it graduately up to 1.26v.

EDIT: set memory Performance Enhance to standard for now.

Comment

Might just be bad ram but...

You might also try a defrag, scandisk, (or some other cleaner) and then run the System file checker.

I'd think also maybe the CPU is overheating (as you indicated high temps) and posibably corrupt OS or registery or even just a HD failing.

Comment

The last thing you want to do with bad rm is defrgment your disk.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
          The last thing you want to do with bad rm is defrgment your disk.
          So what the worst thing that could happen, a corrupted OS? I think he'll have to reinstall it as it appears to already be corrupted.

But 1st I'd assume it would run long enough to remove important data to another disk.

this is a little diffrent than above but... assuming your happy with memtest86 results.

1) Disk Cleanup
          2) Check Disk
          3) System File Checker
          4) Disk Defragmenter

g/l

Comment

Originally posted by Conners View Post
            So what the worst thing that could happen, a corrupted OS? g/l
            Corrupted everything.

Comment

It is probably a better idea to try make sure the bios settings are not causing the ram problems and the bsod before defragging for the op's situation.
              1) Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1, bios F9) E8400 @[email protected] bios, TRUE 120, Scythe UltraKaze 44cfm, 4x2gb GSkill 8500, Visiontek 3870, Corsair TX850, Antec 900, Win7-64 Home.
              2) Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1, bios F9) E8400 @[email protected] bios, TRUE 120, Schythe UltraKaze 44 cfm, 4x2gb Buffalo FireStyx 8500, XFX 5770, Corsair AX850, CM Scout, WinXP Pro/Win 7-64 Home.
              3) Gigabyte P55A-UD4P (rev 1.0, bios F5) i5 750 @[email protected] bios, CM Hyper 212+, 4x2gb G.Skill Ripjaw 1600, 7900GS, Corsair TX750, CM Scout, Win7 Pro-64.
              4) Asus P8Z68-V Pro (bios 0801), i5-2500K @[email protected] cpuz, Megahalem rev.B, 4x4gb GSkill Sniper 1600, Corsair AX850, Antec 902, Corsair Performance 3 128GB, Win7-64 Home.

Comment

Seagate 1.5TB Sata HDD
                GSkill F2-8500-CL5D DDR2 1066Mhz 4GB Ram (2x2GB) http://gskill.com/products.php?index=57
                Suntech CCF Cooler

Comment

First set Performance Enhance to standard.
                  Set Static tRead Value manually to 8 for now.
                  Start increasing MCH Core by 0.2v increments up to 1.26v and see if it make things better.
                  If increasing MCH make things worse try lowering it below 1.1v, some G.Skill modules need more some need less.

Post back your results.

Comment

Nvm, I found the Static tRead.. uhh I can increase the MCH Core from 1.1V to 1.16V to 1.18V... not increments of .02V
                    Last edited by itzkin; 08-18-2009, 06:02 PM.
                    Seagate 1.5TB Sata HDD
                    Suntech CCF Cooler

Comment

Under Channel A & B

Comment

Try one click at a time and test.

Comment

How should I go about testing this? Should I play my games and see if it crashes or use actual testing programs? Thanks for the quick replies. I want to see if somethings faulty and if it is replace it before going to school.
                          Seagate 1.5TB Sata HDD
                          Suntech CCF Cooler

Comment

1st you might run memtest86 to see if ram is ok then you can use Prime 95, OCCT, Intel Burn Test and or LinX all found in this thread.

Also I can give you a template for 2.83GHz if you like.

Comment

Games can be good, or you can use stress test such as Prime95/orthos/occt.
                              For a good stability indication a nightly blend/larg data set stress should be run.
                              You can find those programs in the programs sticky. Also d/l CoreTemp or RealTemp to watch your cpu temperature.
                              At stock settings temps should be quite cool, under 60c for the above stress tests. OCCT watch the temp itself so you can just use it and set max temp to 65-67c which it will stop if reached.

Comment

Working...
                              X