X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick X48T-DQ6 after @Bios flash of F6D

Should have used qFlash!

Board POSTS.
    Can flash bios. Currently returned to F5.
    Can boot a DOS CD or USB flash.
    Can boot linux live CD.
    Can run and pass Memtest.

Any attempt to load a kernel Vista, XP, or linux restarts the box.

I have cleared CMOS. I tell qFlash not to keep DMI, this rebuilds DMI before boot.
    I always load Optimized defaults after a flash.

I have yet to remove all the components from the box except CPU and memory. Doubt there is any need to do this.

Is there any other incantation to purge and bring this thing up clean?
    My qflash is 2.06.

Parameters to flashspi perhaps?

The only things I can are getting cleared are BootBlock and ACHI rom.
    Given that the F6D says something about the ACHI ROM, I wonder if it got hosed.

Thanks for any information. I don't want to RMI this board!

Re: Sick X48T-DQ6 after @Bios flash of F6D

Did you set defaults before and after flashing?

With out your full system info it is like mind reading trying to help you, so maybe put your rig in your sig?
    MSI X-99SLI
    Intel 5930K WATER
    EVGA Nilla 1080
    POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

I am pretty sure I loaded optimized defaults before and after flashing. Will try just to make sure.

Specs below.
      CPU E8400
      2 GB of Corsair 10600 DDR3.
      WD6400AAKS 640 GB SATA drive
      LITE-ON iHOS104 blu-ray reader
      Gigabyte Radeon 4870

Thanks
      Last edited by Darkstar_WPB; 08-26-2009, 12:16 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Do you still need help, or did you get it?

Comment

I did a Load Optimized Defaults then a qFlash of F5 clearing DMI, then Loading Optimized defaults.

I still get a restart as soon as my Windows 7 RC starts to boot or any install CD tries to load a kernel.

So I am still broke.

thanks

Comment

Does this happen with only one stick of ram?

Have you ran Memtest86+ on the sticks one by one? If not please do
            Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Does it still happen if you do back to the old BIOS you was using before?

You may need to use AWDFlash with / switches if your ram checks out and you think it is actually something within the BIOS that is corrupt

Comment

I ran Memtest86 off of the initial boot menu of an Opensuse 11.1 Live CD.
              Passed fine with both sticks.

I have no doubt that there is something corrupt. I flashed back to the version I was running F5. Same result. I don't have a backup of my BIOS image, should have done that.

I don't have AWDFlash, I have flashspi.exe
              Thanks

Comment

I do suggest you use the latest 2.11 version I linked, and run at least 5-10 full passes

Here, I uploaded AWDFlash for you >>
                awd873.zip

Please flash using these switches
                awdflash.exe biosfilename.fxx /CC /CD /CP /PY /SN /R

FlashSPI also has switches, but no clear PnP (ESCD) data switch, which could be where your issue lies

Flash SPI Switches I would use are as follows
                /c /d /e /r

If that version of AWDFlash does not work for you then you may need to google around and find an older version. Sometimes AWDFlash and Cbrom I find certain times I need to use different versions

*Edit*

Hey, can you please explain this further, or do I understand? You can run the system, memtest, BIOS, DOS, ect just can't load a disk windows/linux?

Do you only have one disk you are trying? If so, can you try another to be sure if maybe the drive is not faulty?

Can you please tell me what ports, color and label you have your drives (CD/DVD and Hard Drives) connected to, and then give me your BIOS Settings per these >>>

Integrated Peripherals

Intel Controller (Yellow Ports)
                SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) ............. AHCI
                SATA Port0-3 Native Mode ................................... Enabled (or Disabled, both will work)

Gigabyte/J.Micron Controller (Purple Ports)
                Onboard SATA/IDE Device (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ............. Enabled
                Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ........... IDE

Advanced BIOS Features

Hard Disk Boot Priority >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Enter then list
                Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 08-31-2009, 12:36 AM.

Comment

LSD,
                  Big update. Wasn't the BIOS!
                  I got a EP43-DS3L off of a Amazon auction to test with. It has the latest F8 bios.

I had a 2X2 Cosair kit of DDR2-800 that I bought last year and never used.

So I moved over the E8400 and installed the DDR2 memory. Connected the BD drive and my HD.
                  I was able to boot a linux live CD. I went in and checked the BIOS settings and noticed I was only running at 2.66 instead of 3.0 GHZ. Multiplier was set to 8X. So I loaded the Optimized Defaults and the multipier was at 9X for 9X333= 3.0GHZ. The original problem came back!

WTF. So works with 2.66 and won't for 3.0. Okay, must be a thermal problem. Got some thermal compound and re-seated my Intel Stock HSF. Which BTW has ran fine up to 3.6GHZ on the X48. Problem still there. Go back to the 8x multiplier, system works. Even boots Windows 7 RC install from the X48.

So I started trying to find the edge. Things start to come apart at 9X320. Currently running 9X300 for 2.7GHZ without any random restarts. Why can't I get my e8400 to run stock speed? Voltage? Some other setting in the MIT page?

Again appreciate any help...Thanks

Comment

Sounds like your CPU is faulty to me, it should run stock optimized defaults without issues.

Can you retest with one stick of ram in slot one and see if the issues are the same or not, just to be sure the ram is not part of the issue. You are setting the Ram voltage and multi yourself when you tried tp push to 333 right, just checking as it may be set to the wrong Mem multi?

Intel RMA is very easy and fast I hear, so if you need to go that route don't be too worried about it

Comment

Hi Lsdmeasap,

Are there any plans to release an F6 final for the X48T-DQ6. I am having some issues with the F5 bios however I am not so comfortable loading beta bioses.

Comment

I am not sure of when I Final would be ready. If you are having issue with the current BIOS you are using I DO Suggest you use the latest Beta.

Beta BIOS is fine, often has many fixes and enhancements LONG before a final. Beta BIOS is all I personally use and have never had issues, well maybe minor ones that are quickly fixed with the next beta.

Since your board is older and that beta is been the same for a while I would imagine it is done and will likely be renamed to the next final anyway. So likely the would be the same anyhow, go ahead and flash it is my suggestion

Comment

Working...
                        X