Issues after a rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues after a rebuild

Hello! I've recently poured some more money into my system and I've been having a few problems with it. I've heard this is a good site for checking these things out and thought I'd see if I could get any help here.

• It kept freezing up quite a bit during the windows installation.
    • I also have many different parts of windows crash while hardly running anything. (DNS client, Installer modules, Host Processes, and a variety of other programs I run)
    • On occasion I also get a memory management crash screen.
    • Trying to install windows updates usually causes many of these problems but they occur on their own as well.

So far all I've found is that in the BIOS the memory was defaulted to 1066 instead of 1333 and the timing was 7-7-7-20 instead of 9-9-9-24, which I have adjusted but doesn't seem to have helped any.

I've also reinstalled windows numerous times but always seem to have the same issues.

I'm also curious as the BIOS also says I only have 2.33 GHz in the processor when Windows, and the chip tell me I have 2.83.

Any help or insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Issues after a rebuild

the cpu speed issue is due to intel speedstep...the cpu decreases its multiplier to its minimum to save power.

How much ram do u have? if > 4 modules i think the MCH voltage will need to bumped up slightly.
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

It's four gigs, two modules of two. The voltage I bumped up from 1.5 to 1.7 but that didn't help much either.

Comment

Try to flash another bios from that board...Search on it site..
        DISABLE SPEEDSTEP and SPREAD SPECTRUM .
        E6300@ 3.920ghz 1.312V:D
        ASROCK P45DE
        http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=602306 512fsb
        http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=604573 4.456GHZ

Comment

Well I picked up a few new memory modules last week and replaced them with the ones I had. (Same model) And so far, the system seems to be running fine now, so hopefully that solved the issue. Thanks to everyone that helped. :)

Comment

Working...
          X