Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help p55m-ud2 wont boot

Hello all,

I have just built a system with a gigabyte p55m-ud2 mobo a core i5-750 proc and a crucial 4gb kit of ddr3 1333

power supply is an antec neo he550 550W unit.

When I try to post the system everthing powers up for about 10 seconds and then shuts down. This happens in a continuous loop. The system never beeps or gives me any kind of error code.

What can this be?

Re: Help p55m-ud2 wont boot

check all your connections,and make sure that the cpu fan and heatsink are correctly seated as those intel push pins can be a pain...also make sure you used the brass spacers between the case and motherboard to earth it and stop it shorting
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

ok cpu fan and heatsink are properly installed. I also suspected a short so I placed a cloth underneath the mobo to separate the metal of the chassis and the same thing happened.

I dont have the brass stand offs might have to get a hold of some to be sure.

What is the chance of a doa processor?

Comment

Originally posted by jgoldeneyes View Post
        ok cpu fan and heatsink are properly installed. I also suspected a short so I placed a cloth underneath the mobo to separate the metal of the chassis and the same thing happened.

thats most likely your problem (not using the brass standoffs) they have to be used to earth the motherboard a cloth or anything else wont work dont run it untill youve got some there easily purchased from computer suppliers
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Hi jgolden
          When I try to post the system everthing powers up for about 10 seconds and then shuts down. This happens in a continuous loop. The system never beeps or gives me any kind of error code.
          What can this be?
          I had this problem too when I tried to put a pentium 4 in a modern gigabyte board. The system tried to start but then just shut down everytime I tried to start it.
          I suggest trying other parts that you think will work and the minamalist boot by prof jim too. here is link

hope it helps and maybe some mods will be by shortly or PM Lsdmeasap or Prof Jim.
          Max out
          Last edited by MadMax2911; 09-15-2009, 09:01 AM. Reason: add link
          BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Comment

I think the minamalist boot is similar to bench testing the mobo here is the link at techsupport forums Tech Support Forum - View Single Post - How to Bench Test Your System
            Max out
            Last edited by MadMax2911; 09-15-2009, 09:08 AM. Reason: sp
            BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Comment

OUCH, you may have killed more than your CPU. You MUST Use motherboard stand offs, otherwise you will/can fry everything!

Please buy a set, they should have came with your case, and DO NOT Try to run the system anymore without them.

At least do not start it inside your case or on the motherboard tray I mean. You can get the system going on a wooden table or cardboard box until you get some stand offs though, I would try that with only one stick of memory.

You may need to clear your CMOS, here is suggested method in post #2 >>

You may also need to find a cheap stick of 1.5V memory, as some memory will not function properly until you update the BIOS.

Hope your hardware is ok after trying this little mishap without the standoffs!

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
              thats most likely your problem (not using the brass standoffs) they have to be used to earth the motherboard a cloth or anything else wont work dont run it untill youve got some there easily purchased from computer suppliers
              You should have BOLDED that! Standoffs MUST BE USED!!

Comment

Well I apologize for not getting back to you guys sooner some stuff came up and I had to stop messing with the build.

I am back to it now. I took the system apart, got a new case, made sure every screw got a brass standoff, and rebuilt the system. The only things I connected were the proc, ram, and video card.

I am still having the same issue.

Some of the things I have tried are:

One stick of ram at a time
                No ram (just to see if i get an error code, and I do)
                Different power supply
                reseating processor

The board doesn't seem to have any bent pins and I don't have a ram tester or another ddr3 machine to test the modules with.

If anybody has any suggestions that I may have overlooked please post

Comment

Well I apologize for not getting back to you guys sooner some stuff came up and I had to stop messing with the build.

I am back to it now. I took the system apart, got a new case, made sure every screw got a brass standoff, and rebuilt the system. The only things I connected were the proc, ram, and video card.

I am still having the same issue.

Some of the things I have tried are:

One stick of ram at a time
                  No ram (just to see if i get an error code, and I do)
                  Different power supply
                  reseating processor

The board doesn't seem to have any bent pins and I don't have a ram tester or another ddr3 machine to test the modules with.

If anybody has any suggestions that I may have overlooked please post
                  did u clear cmos by holding the button down on the back of the board? then reboot?
                  Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Yes, please try to clear the CMOS, method linked above.

You may have fried the board or some of your hardware with no standoffs, you really need to find a friend where you can test each part one by one in another setup

Comment

Working...
                    X