No announcement yet.

GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 rev.2.0 compatible with Am3 cpu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 rev.2.0 compatible with Am3 cpu?

Hello @ all!

I consider to upgrade my Pc with this cpu: AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor.

My Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 rev.2.0. The online Specs say it supports Am3 cpu's . I couldn't find my particular model in the cpu support list. I wonder if it is still compatible and if it would make sense to upgrade.

Re: GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 rev.2.0 compatible with Am3 cpu?

You are correct, the CPU you ask about is not in the list as even being tested yet. So you should contact them directly and see if they are currently testing or have already and possibly have a beta BIOS for you >>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

It is likely in testing now, and they just have not updated the page or made a final BIOS yet, I would ask before buying the CPU if you haven't already bought it

Comment

thanks for the answer,

i have contacted Gigabyte last week already and still waiting for them to response. I didn't buy it yet. I wonder if it is compatible, wether the board would support the cpu's full performance.

Comment

If they dont answer you in a day or two send in another ticket. You could also always call in and ask them directly, let me know if you need a phone #, if so also let me know where you are at

Comment

@ Lsdmeasap the only # i can find is for Laptop support. If you have a different one for me i would highly appreciate it.

Comment

I need to know where you live? You can get it yourself here though, just choose location >>
            GIGABYTE

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Anytime, let me know if you can't find what you need!

Comment

hello, this is my first post, just the same here, and i did contacted with the gigabyte support team.. look.

me:

hello, this is my first post, well, my board is rev 2.0 and i want to know if i can install the phenom II 940 in it ?

and i also want to know if two gtx260 in sli will run at 16x or 8x?

thanks

gigabyte

Thank you for your kind mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, according to specification, GA-M57SLI-S4(rev. 2.0) does not support phenom II 940.

Two card will run at X16 mode.

If you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
                  GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY

me:

hello thanks for your reply, but according with the offical website GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-M57SLI-S4 (rev. 2.0)

says this:

"Supports next generation of 45nm AMD AM3 CPU
                  This motherboard designs with Split Power Plane, 3+1 phase VRM to support AMD the latest 45nm AM3 Phenomâ„¢II series processors, delivering the great performance enchantment to system and ultimate scalability hardware expending."

GA-M57SLI-S4 (rev. 2.0)

so what phenom II cpu support my board ?

Comment

Hi, if you look at the CPU Support List, for AM3 45nm processors, you can only find 95W TDP cpu's. That means that the highest performance cpu that you can use is the Phenom II 925 AM3 45nm 95W , #HDX925WFK4DGI ( apparently i cannot find it anymore on amd's page, you can see it here ). You can also ask them if your mobo supports the 95W version of the Phenom II X4 945 ( #HDX945WFK4DGI).

That's all for now

Comment

I was browsing through forums after doing a bing search and discovered this old thread. Just wanted to state that I currently have a Phenom II X4 965 on this board. It's working fine (I'm actually using it at this very moment), but it's not on their support list as working with the board. I have noticed that it's severely bottlenecked on this board, but as it's working, I have no real complaints.

CPU Support List for GA-M57SLI-S4 rev 2.0:

GA-M57SLI-S4 (rev. 2.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - CPU Support List

Comment

Thanks for posting that, might help someone down the road someday.

Comment

Originally posted by skydriver666 View Post
                          Hello @ all!

I consider to upgrade my Pc with this cpu: AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor.

My Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 rev.2.0. The online Specs say it supports Am3 cpu's . I couldn't find my particular model in the cpu support list. I wonder if it is still compatible and if it would make sense to upgrade.
                          Hello!
                          I'm also considering an upgrade with this CPU, PhenomII X4 945 (or 925), stepping C3, but even if the CPU Support List for the M57SLI-S4 board now includes both 945 and 925 models (except 945 125W model which is not available anyway) I'm still having some doubts whether the CPUs will work on this board or not. I have asked Gigabyte for a confirmation but no answer so far. So I was wondering if anyone actually tested at least one of this two CPU models along with the board and can provide a real confirmation.
                          Thanks !

Comment

If it is listed as comp[compatible in their list then that means they have tested it and it works.

Comment

Working...
                            X