Do YOU use P2P?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do YOU use P2P?

I doubt that this will go through, but it makes you wonder. I think the scariest part is that they found two reasonably powerful people to back this thing. BEWARE!

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1106-945976.html
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Saw something along those lines over at The Register I think it was.. could be wrong.. Anyways, yeah. That's just nasty. It will never happen though. It had better not. Please don't let it happen. Darth, you gotta stop this man.. come on.. you know you got to. :)

um, yeah.

Comment

Yep they'll try anything to secure their profit base and cut the thieves out. :smokin:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

bah, if they do that i better format my HDD's O_o..

Beefy is right though, DONT LET THEM DO IT DARTH :D

Comment

Capitalism on a rise again. They should accept a law to lock up these criminals.
          Nobody can justify the ridiculous price CD's DVD's and computer games cost.

Oh, many do try...
          Well if we sell enough, the price might drop :scream:
          Why don't you drop the price, maybe then sales will increase : party ha

Well,... The distribution of DVD is very expensive. :scream:
          More expensive than the distribution of the MUCH BIGGER AND HEAVIER VHS tapes...:?:
          :snip:
          But you do want quality games don't you? If we lower the price quality will drop. :scream:
          You bugger me with ten different versions of the sims.

But illegal dowloading is destroying the cultural artistic proffesion of musicians. :scream:
          That might be true for REAL musicians...But the people I see on MTV don't seem to lack anything. They all drive a ferrari and a Bentley. And every one of em owns a swimming pool filled with girls in tongs......

Times are changing. :rolleyes2

Someday a pretty face (Britney) and a hired producer will stop making millions. No, if you want to be a real musician you will have to get on stage and actually make music......
          Performing live should earn you enough, and the revenues of Cd's will becoma an extra. This will also keep the musician down to earth and have a benificial effect on the quality of music.

Untill then, I am not paying 25 US $ for the new Eminem CD..
          <center> : peace2:

Comment

I use P2P quite often........can't remember the last time I used it for music though:?:

:D
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I do my own dirtywork.

Comment

I have not read that article in depth yet, but I heard similar ideas about 10 months ago, and then shortly after, I heard a brilliant local News Anchor rant about this... He said alot, but this was his punchline:

Hollywood has a yearly reveue of 6 Billion dollars. However, last year 600 Billion dollars worth of computer hardware was sold. Maybe Hollywood isn't as important as they think they are. Allowing Hollywood to place regulations on the computing industry would be like the allowing the TELEGRAPH industry to impose standards and restrictions on the TELEPHONE industry

Comment

Just out of curiosity, are those the same two gentlemen that were behind that legislation for rules on they way PC's were allowed to built so pirating couldn't be done is it? :?:
                  <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yes, Wiggo, that is what I was commenting on, at a quick glance I thought that is what that article was about as well.

I just read the article more throughly now, and have this to say:

Hollywood cannot afford to pay for hackers for that little of benefit. Hollywood will always be able to sell DVDs, lets not be silly. This arguement is just the same as renting tapes, and making copies. It happens, but its not that significant of a happening.

It does say that a copyright-hacker should not delete files, but it limits the right of anyone subject to an intrusion to sue if files are accidentally erased.
                    Haha! So now let me get this straight... How are they gonna know if you have already burned the stuff in question to a CD? And even if they delete something you haven't burned, with the accuracy of un-delete programs these days, i'd have undeleted it the moment I knew it was gone.

This is nothing but an empty threat. You all know that. There are so many geeks with time on their hands, there is no way to stop them all.

Comment

Rave on Zeradul :thumb:

Concerning DVD they are indeed being silly.

I don't watch movies ten times. I rent 'em for about 2 us dollars, watch 'em and problably will never see most of em again.

So downloading is not desirable. I don't want truckloads of Cd's in my house which I do not use....

The only thing I can figure out that's makes downloading attractive is caused by the industry itself.
                      Movies are release a couple of months earlier in the US over Europe. I donno why? But they do. So for some europeans downloading Star wars is cheaper than flying to america.

Comment

Working...
                      X