"enter hdd password:......"???? - 32gb ssd pata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "enter hdd password:......"???? - 32gb ssd pata

Hi, i just installed a 32Gb SSD for my Dell mini 9.
    This drive works via usb and cloning old ssd 8gb with Acronis T.I. it is well copied.
    When installed and rebooted, after dell logo it wants:"Enter hdd password..."????????? Which password?
    Is there a preset password on ssd?
    Without pswd it will not boot!???????...
    Mario

Re: "enter hdd password:......"???? - 32gb ssd pata

It's possible your hard drive was wiped using some security tool like HDDerase and was never completed. Therefore, it might have set the HDD security lock -- a password which cannot be recovered by formatting or from the BIOS.

A utility like HDDerase sets a default password that is known. I believe it's "idrive" but that's only for HDDerase, probably not BCwipe et al.

It's also possible some ROOTKIT malware is on the disk and set a password to ruin your day. It also would mean the disk is still infected.

You might contact a) the previous owner or b) the manufacturer to find out how to remove the password, if it's even possible.

Good luck,

dijitul

Comment

try 0000 or 000000, good luck

Comment

I'm having the same problem except it ran good for 5 days then blue screened now it wants a password.

What password????

does nanyone know

Please help

Comment

If it ran for 5 days and you didn't set a password (or someone you know didn't set a password) on purpose, it's very likely you have a malware infection (rootkit).

In the future, reliable and reputable anti-virus software should be on your high-priority list.

Also, if your BIOS supports it, enable the protected mode so future malware can't make changes to hardware settings.

If you don't suspect malware, and didn't use any HDD clearing software tools, suspect your little brother or sister (take fingerprints)!

Comment

The eee PC 900A has a limited bios but the runcore comes with a master password does anyone know this?

Comment

Usually when it does this is means the Firmware has been destroyed somehow. I think you need to send that one back for repair.

Matt

Comment

Working...
              X