Gum Stain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gum Stain

Whats up guys !...Last night i headed to a party and then to its after party. So you know i went nice with style but the around 5 AM i lay down on a hotel bed and when i get up i find gum all over my Brand new Shirt and NIce Jeans. DOes anyone recommend anything to take that stain off i took off the one on the shirt which was't too bad. I still have it on my jeans. THX again!: peace2:
    - Damien

There are some citrus based cleaning products on the market that do a really great job with gunk like that.
    Several different names are out there on the market, one called "Goo Gone" leaps to mind ATM.

be sure to test whatever product you try in an inconspicuos place on the clothing to be sure that it won't discolor it or something!
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Eucalyptus oil will do it. ;)

Comment

Try rubbing with a bit of ice and scraping the gum off first
        :kay:

Comment

My mom told me about the ice and it work for a bit at least for the big chunks...i got some hot water and scraped like there was no tomorrow...Thanks Mr.C, WiGGo, and Kay!
          - Damien

Comment

Thats what we are here for :wave:

Comment

And always remember..........a fellow can't be too careful, hopping on strange beds:D
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Yes you are soo right...but it felt so good...but just know what other have done on that...illll....and Kay thx again you are one cool GaL: peace2:
                - Damien

Comment

Put your clothes in a freezer , like a deep freezer would be best , the gum will become britle and you break it off. :thumb:

Comment

My parents own rental appartments, and needless to say, I am an expert on cleaning materials.

As Mr. C said before, "Goo Gone" is the king of Goo removing, an probably the best bet for removing gum. If for some reason you don't have Goo Gone in Florida, look for something called "Krud Kutter"

Sudsy Amonia/water mix on lanoleum floors.
                    C.L.R. on bathtubs, showers, toilets and sinks.
                    Krud Kutter on stuff mashed into carpet.

You don't know how stupid people are, until you have to rent to them :eek:

We have had numerous occurances of each:

People pouring used motor oil down their garage drains.
                    People spreading used charcoal ash (with pieces of charcoal left) into the yard.
                    People spreading used Cat litter into the yard.
                    People practicing their golf swing during winter, in their livingrooms, leaving dents in the cieling. :eek: (and one was a highscool teacher) :cry:
                    People filling wall dents with store boughten BREAD DOUGH. :cry:
                    People spray-painting their art projects on the SIDEWALK with NO drop cloth. :cry:
                    People spray-painting their art projects on their INDOOR CARPET with NO drop cloth. :cry: :cry:
                    People leaving stolen items from their place of work when they forget the hiding places they selected to hide the stolen goods

...and the list goes on... and on... and on.....

Comment

What I want to know is, what happened with the hooker who left the gum in the bed? :D
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

she took her money and left.. obviously. They don't get paid to clean up.. :)

Comment

No Hooker!...lmao...haha
                          I know her...just not her name...
                          Zeradul..i don't believe of people filling wall dents with bread dough ...wtf is that...lol
                          - Damien

Comment

Yea, you don't pay Hookers to attend.... you pay them to leave... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :D :eek: :eek: :laugh:

------

Zeradul..i don't believe of people filling wall dents with bread dough ...wtf is that...lol
                            Yea, they think that we won't notice long enough for them to get their deposites back. Other hole filling substances we have seen:

Toothpaste
                            Caulk
                            Plaster of Paris (painted over with white nail polish)
                            Masking Tape (painted over with misc white paint)

Thats all I can think of at the moment... but there have been more.. the bread dough is the most outrageous, thats why I mentioned it first.

Comment

Wow, dude...you catch em all huh...what do they say when you show em the lil cover up?.,...hehe
                              - Damien

Comment

Working...
                              X