Xigmatek Dark Knight Cooler
    Crucial Ballistix Tracers (w/Red LEDs) 2x2GB PC2-6400 [email protected]
    Asus ATI EAH-4850TOP 512mb PCI-E
    LG DVD+/-RW/DL
    Seagate 640GB SATA HDD
    Maxtor 300GB SATA HDD
    Coolermaster 500w PSU

Windows 7 x64 Retail version

I have been getting BSODs since the beginning!! I have been running stock since day one (about 9 months ago). I have gone through 2 different sets of RAM (OCZ Platinum, and OCZ Reaper), now I am using the Ballistix Tracers (as I thought they were more compatible). I have ran Memtest on these two sticks, one @ a time, over night (14 passes), and received 0 errors. However, I ran 1 stick in the first slot an in 1 pass, it got 102 errors. I then ran it in the second slot, and got 0 errors, as well as the 3rd, and 4th slot. I never received an error using the second stick in the first slot, second, third, or fourth.

I receive these BSODs while playing games, or while idle on my computer (desktop). It is always something like 0x00000005. I don't know the exact error, but I do know that it always pertains to the memory write errors, or access violation, etc. This has seriously made me want to go buy a store-bought computer. I have been building computers for 14 years, and I have NEVER had an issue such as this. And seeing that I finally break down and buy "quality" components, I figured it would be smooth as butter, boy was I wrong!! I have alot of minidumps I can post up here if anyone wants to see them, but ultimately, this is a cry for help, as I do not know what to do from here. Do I replace/RMA the motherboard (maybe it is one/all of my RAM slots?) Could it be my PSU? I have already RMA'd my video card, thinking that was the problem. ANY direction would be immensely appreciated, you have no idea!!

Re: Help! I am in Gigabyte Memory h*ll!!

sounds to me the system board is the problem - check for debris/wire in the ram slots and degrease all contacts.
    X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
    Kingston HyperX Predator 3200 - 16GB Kit
    GV-RX570AORUS-4GD
    1x 970 SSD / 2x SSHD 1TB Seagate
    Win10x64

Comment

Please give me your full current settings in a template, link is in my signature.

Just out of curiosity have you tried using slots 2+4 instead of 1+3 and seen if they errors still appear during gaming?

If you are using all Auto for voltages this is likely the issue, you need to set a few things for sure manually. Get me your current settings that are giving you issues and I will advise back

Comment

Actually, I just took some advice from someone else on this forum. I changed my MCH Core from (AUTO) to 1.2. So far so good. Ran several Memtest86+ passes, and Everest's stress tests on Memory. Everything seems to be going ok!! I only had to change my MCH Core so far. I am using stock settings for the RAM. (4-4-4-12 timings, 2.0volts, and thats all that I changed). I will post back if I get any other issues. Thank you for your help!!

Comment

Great to hear!! See you on your other thread. If you need more help or suggestions it would be best to continue there as I keep an eye on the Gigabyte section much more than I have time to on the rest of the forum. So I will for sure catch your post in that section, I may miss it here so please keep that in mind.

Glad to hear all is well though, post back anytime!

Comment

Working...
          X