window question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window question

i want to buy an antec PLUS660B case - but i guess im on a stupid kick cause i actually want a window - it doesnt seem to be available from anyone and i wont buy it if i cant get the damn window - how hard and what do you need to do it your self - and i would asume installing fans is simple!
    thanks
    matt

1600x1200x32 till we 1600x1200x64
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    P4 1.8 w/256 L2 cache
    D845bg w/512 mb DDR pc2100
    Gforce4 Ti4400
    Western Digital 100 Gb Hard Drive W/2mb Cache
    Creative Audigy EAX / DD 5.1 - Inspire 5300 Surround Speakers
    Twin View Enabled:
    NEC 19' Flat display monitor + 15' Flat display monitor + tv out
    windows xp professional

If ya in the US then talk with http://www.directron.com/index.html as they probably have one to fit it. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Coolerguys.com has a wide variet of windows square windows circled windows L windows. 11"X11" 14"X14" you name it. They also have windows with either a plain window or dual 92MM (I got that) or one 120MM. They are also one of the cheapest windows I've seen. Its actually quite simple to install a window unless of course you don't know how to use the tool of choice be it dremel or any kind of saw.

Comment

Here's a "How-To Guide" done by a professional who makes a living from doin' this. ;)

Comment

Wiggo A very thorough article. Beats any I've ever seen.

Comment

It seemed appropriate. ;)

Comment

Do you have a strong opinion on the premodded cases as compared to the home modded ones. Seems like there's some decent prices on the "factory mods".

Comment

They have there place though quite a few look good there are some questions about ventilation but that case is quite alright. ;)

Comment

Some of them have what appear to be strangely placed side fans like in the middle of the window etc. Is that the problem with circulation you mention?

Comment

Things like that and cases that have a front fan(s) but no where for the air to come from outside the case so a lot just wind up recirculating case air. :(

Comment

whats the prefered set up and how many fans? - ideally looks can merge with function but function comes wayyyy first - i end up pointing a fan at it and not a case fan (sigh)
                      :shoot3:

Comment

This is a fartory job and its VERY well finished got it from coolpc .com.au for $60 aud. He's got a case sitting on his desk thats made entirely of 6mm perspex with water cooling and it looks fantastic!!!!!especially the resivoir full of glycol sitting on the inside case.I'll see if he can get me a pic. I think it would be fairly simple to build. I might post some tech. drawings for anyone interested.

Comment

Sounds RAD. You obviously have a few skills beyond mine if that will be a snap for you.

Comment

grad mechanical engineer for 15yrs now I sit at home and contemplate my next chalenge.
                            I just got of the phone to coolpc and hes going to send me some pics. He is going to import them as well from tiawan.

Comment

You should go into the case modding/building business as I think there's a real market for clear/different cases.

Comment

Working...
                              X