mother board error no power or sumthing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mother board error no power or sumthing

i just swapped the previos ones, now when i tryed to <nobr>power</nobr> up the <nobr>board</nobr> the blus <nobr>asus</nobr> <nobr>light</nobr> quickly flashes and then , nothing.i cant even get into post.

i tryed to use the power <nobr>button</nobr> serveral times after the flashing light but nothing happens, the power and reset button just stay glowing.

i only get the flash if i disconect the <nobr>power supply</nobr> and the reconect it again.but i only get the flash once.

please help this has never happened before.

Re: mother board error no power or sumthing

Double check all connections. Are the standoffs ALL in the correct spots or have you got a short to your case? Try a different power supply unit. .... just a few ideas.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Put the motherboard on a piece of cardboard on a table. Connect power supply, CPU/HSF, one stick of RAM, video card, floppy drive, a few fans. See if it powers up using a jumper on the pins for the power button. Try resetting the CMOS to default. Check all the capacitors for leaks. Look for burn marks on all power molexes.

Comment

ive tryed that just now( i just didnt use a hsf, waterblcok is on atm), same thing happens on my other 550wat power supply.i cant try to clear the cmos because it doesnt power on for long enough.it feels like like a short circuit.no leacking capacitors .
        i thought maybe i was putting the waterblcoks on too tight but the tension seems to be appropriate.ther are no bows in the motherboard either.

Comment

Clearing the CMOS on most boards is unplugging the power supply for 2 minutes and moving a jumper on the board. Did any of the waterblocks or IO Sheild short the board?

Comment

Working...
          X