Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-M57SLI Sleep problem

Hi Janus,

I have a newly installed Gigabyte GAM57SLI Mobo that I'm getting problems with. I have installed Windows 7 64 Bit on the machine which is running an AMD Athlon X2 4200. 4 GB of Corsair Ram installed (not the cheaper Value Ram series), 2 sticks of 2GB each in slots 1 and 2. Latest Nvidia NForce drivers. Asus EAH2400 Pro Graphics card (ATI 2400 Pro chipset). 1 x Samsung SATA 500 GB disk plus 1 Hitachi IDE (160 GB) disk.

Problem 1 : System rarely goes into sleep properly (Mode set to S3 in bios), PC will not wake up properly, usually just starts up with a single flashing cursor at the top left of a blank screen)

Problem 2 : System often fails on a full restart with the message 'Flash ROM protected' at Post. Windows tries to start but fails with the error message 'Your BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant'

Can you advise at all? I've tried several versions of the BIOS and have the same problem with each version. Currently am using the latest Bios from the Gigabyte website (Version FHe)

Many Thanks

Dave

Re: Gigabyte GA-M57SLI Sleep problem

I see you are you using the latest BIOS. This is often the cause, but you also must be sure your system is 100% Stable.

Have you ran stability and memory test? If so, which and for how long?

You may need to adjust some BIOS Settings is all, Auto will not work for 4GB

Comment

Re: Gigabyte GA-M57SLI Sleep problem

Hi janus,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry about the delay - Christmas etc!

I have reverted to the original BIOS as shipped with the board - version FG and the problems remain.

I have run Memtest 4.00 for 18 hours and no memory problems have been found. Can you explain morewhat youmean by the 'Auto' setting for 4 GB - is this a BIOS setting as I can't find an 'Auto' that relates to memory.

Can you advise a program for checking stability as you mention?

Many Thanks,

Dave

Comment

Working...
      X