Memory Low Gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Low Gap

Ok, so I'm getting crappy FPS and stuttering problems with my EVGA GTX 285 2gb version....

I called EVGA, and told me that I have to go to the BIOS, and change a setting called "Memory Low Gap" because apparently my computer isn't using my graphics card fully.

Where can I find this "Memory Low Gap" setting?

Re: Memory Low Gap

This is not in Gigabyte BIOS, what board do you have and what BIOS are you using?

Does your card show up as x16 PCIE 2.0 in GPU-z? Are you using a older SSD?

Comment

Re: Memory Low Gap

I wonder if "Memory Low Gap" is the same setting as "Memory Hole/Memory Remap"?

As Lsd says, there is no such option. I assume everything is set up in the Giga BIOS optimally.

Unfortunately it seems like EVGA have fobbed you off with an excuse, shifting blame to the motherboard. To eliminate the possibility of a BIOS setting being at fault could you load Optimized defaults and re-test, then tell us if it helps? You'll need OFC to re-enter any OC or custom settings you have. If using RAID, please don't break your array by trying to boot until you have set up RAID again in the BIOS.

Also, download GPU-Z ( GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility ) and see what it reports for PCIE link speed (1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x etc). Note that on some boards if using SLI/Crossfire the reported speed may be 8x. This is the same with my board and Crossfire. That's normal on mid/lower end boards without dual 16x lane simultaneously slots.

LSD also makes a great point about using older SSD's too. JMicron based ones in particular (old Kingston V series, OCZ "Solid" OCZ "Core" and "Core v2" etc) are known to stutter. This can effect games that stream textures from the HDD like Crysis. As the streaming is taking place, SSD latency spikes cause the GPU to have to wait for data, inducing stuttering in game.
      Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
      Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
      P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
      Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
      TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
      2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
      2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
      Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
      Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
      WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
      Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
      Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
      3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
      Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

Working...
      X