Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which RunCore should I get to replace Toshiba MK1011GAH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which RunCore should I get to replace Toshiba MK1011GAH?

My HDD is Toshiba MK1011GAH 1.8", which has PATA100 interface but LIF port as it says on Toshiba website. I am looking for a SSD replacement for it but I don't see any PATA LIF speced RunCore product except PATA ZIF and SATA LIF. Although i noticed that ZIF and LIF are very similar, but sometimes there are indeed a bit of differences. Since PATA and SATA are definitely not compatible with each other, it seems that my only possible guess is the PATA ZIF.

Anyone know whether the RunCore PATA ZIF 1.8" SSD can perfectly replace my Toshiba 1.8" HDD or not? Thank you so much!

BTW, is RunCore loading the FW 1848 on the products now? If not, would I be able to upgrade it in the future, knowing that there is a JMicron JM20330 chip to bridge from sata to pata unlike other SSD where you can directly connect to Indilinx controller?

Thank you!

Re: Which RunCore should I get to replace Toshiba MK1011GAH?

From the looks of the drive it is a Zif interface. No one can really nail down the differences in Lif and Zif other than the thickness of the cable you need but our zif drive ships with a number of cable so you should be all set.

The drives are shipping with FW 1819 is on the drive now. I have been told that if you are loading Windows 7 from scratch that you must do a manual format and partition during setup or it may fail to set up Windows.

Matt
    Last edited by Runcore Marketing; 12-14-2009, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Matt! That is a wonderful reply.

There is one more question before I go for it.
      In the past few month RunCore has been upgrading the firmware on the products, however, I have seen no case that customers who bought the product before the upgrade can do the same upgrade by themselves. Download links are neither found in website nor provided in forum. As I know that firmware 1819 does have some stability issues unsolved and I would definitely need a upgrade for what I pay for.

If I get the 1.8" PATA ZIF model with the current 1819 Firmware and there is a newer firmware coming out later, would you provide the new firmware and the upgrade tool to us once they are available?

Thank you again!

Comment

Originally posted by thllxb View Post
        Thanks, Matt! That is a wonderful reply.

There is one more question before I go for it.
        In the past few month RunCore has been upgrading the firmware on the products, however, I have seen no case that customers who bought the product before the upgrade can do the same upgrade by themselves. Download links are neither found in website nor provided in forum. As I know that firmware 1819 does have some stability issues unsolved and I would definitely need a upgrade for what I pay for.

If I get the 1.8" PATA ZIF model with the current 1819 Firmware and there is a newer firmware coming out later, would you provide the new firmware and the upgrade tool to us once they are available?

Thank you again!
        The current firmware version is 1819.
        Later there will be newer firmware, we will provide the firmware tool or upgrade programs for customers to update.

Comment

Drive has a LIF interface.

Here is a link to Toshiba website:
          1.8-Inch Hard Disk Drive Model MK1011GAH - Toshiba

Claus

Comment

You can see the differences of the physical format between the LIF and ZIF interface in the following picture.

The LIF interface is narrow than the ZIF interface. And the RunCore 1.8" SATA II LIF SSD is compliant with SATA 2.6 protocol, it compatibles with the MacBook Air Rev B & C.

As well as, the RunCore 1.8" PATA ZIF SSD is a standard PATA driver. It compatibles with MacBook Air Rev A, Dell Inspiron Mini12, Latitude D420/D430, Latitude XT; HP Mini 1000, HP Compaq 2510p/2710p, Sony TZ/TT/TX/TXN/Z, Sony Vaio P HDD, Sony VAIO UX; Viliv S5 HDD and so on.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by RunCore Tech_Support; 12-19-2009, 12:41 AM.

Comment

RunCore Pro IV 1.8" SATA II LIF SSD
              Test Environment:
              MacBook Air Rev B
              CPU: IntelCore2Duo L9400 1.86GHz; <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
              chipset: Nvidia MCP79MH;<o:p></o:p>
              SDRAM: 2GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM<o:p></o:p>
              MAC OS Version: <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:chsdate w:st="on" Year="1899" Month="12" Day="30" IsLunarDate="False" IsROCDate="False">10.5.5</st1:chsdate>
              Results:
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X