Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epox 8K3A BIOS Temperature problems :(

Hi folks,

I have a slight "problem" with my BIOS (currently 2719, upgraded from 2619 didn't help)

The problem is that the temperature in the BIOS is being displayed about 23C higher than MBM5 does.

For example, I put my pc on and within 10 seconds I'm in the Health section of the BIOS, which then already displayes a 53C temp of the cpu.... within 10 seconds :( :(

This can almost not be true, the heatsink is attached very well (I've done it more than once in my "Athlon period :D")

Why does MBM 5 display an idle temp of 47C while the BIOS displays 70C ?? WTF is wrong with it...

I have an Epox 8K3A with an Athlon XP 1800+ @ 1700Mhz
    (even when it's not overclocked it's "53C" idle according to BIOS
    I have 256 MB DDR333 TwinMOS memory CAS 2.5

Could anyone tell me what the cause of this "heat" may be?

BTW I haven't had any crash due to overclocking yet, so I'm very pleased with this board except the "heat" problem.

Thanks in advance,
    Garrett

It's not unheard of for a motherboard to have a dud BIOS report. :(
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I totally agree with you... I guess.... because a cpu warming up to 52C within 15 seconds from powering up is not normal.

Especially if it's "only" 56C 30 seconds after THAT... so when the power is on for 45 seconds so to speak....

I guess the MBM5 makers are smarter than the ones that make my BIOS :D

Furthermore, I'm quite pleased with this thingie because it's VERY stable :D

Now I want to push my XP 1800+ to 1750 or even 1800 REAL Mhz... not some stupid rating number bah

Comment

But that stupid rating will go up with the MHz too. :D

Comment

Yeps :D
          Then I will have an AMD Athlon XP 2200+ indeed, but I'd rather have MY cpu then (10x180) than a real 2200+ which has "only" 13.5x133 :cry:

Comment

Hey !

Let you know that i found out that mbm5 already have meet with standard of Amd MP core only not expect Athlon xp so i had some problem with that ! so i saw friend use usd as not sure what spelling word as good for temp on core and system control box is better than mbm5 :cry: / :laugh:

Athlon xp green core 1700+
            512 mb samsung ram
            EP-8k3a+ , too :thumb:

Comment

To be honest Cyberthor, I can't really figure out whether you're saying if MBM5 does a good job reporting temperatures or not....

No flame intended (nofi)
              But since I took off my worthless coolermaster dp5-7h53f and replaced it with a worthy coolermaster HHC-001(fan @ 7 volt) I look at the BIOS temps and can quite agree with them.

Athlon XP 1800+ @ 1758Mhz @ 2.00 volt @ 65C stressed seems ok to me :)

Comment

:bounce: HHC-001 is really cool HSF as new one by i saw that at site ! :thumb:
                Curious how many temps on both of idle and load , plse ? : peace:
                thanks for tell me about HHC-001 u have ! :cheers:

Comment

Working...
                X