Blue screen with Runcore SSD 128G Pro IV ZIF 1.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue screen with Runcore SSD 128G Pro IV ZIF 1.8

I have installed a new Runcore SSD 128G Pro IV ZIF 1.8 on an HP 2710p but am getting blue screen crashes frequently, once every few hours. This was not happening with my previous SSD (not Runcore). I have checked the ribbon cable and it looks fine. Do I have a faulty SSD or is it a firmware issue? The firmware version I have is 1819.

Many thanks for any help!

Re: Blue screen with Runcore SSD 128G Pro IV ZIF 1.8

Hello, tomkat

Can you privide the SN and PN code of your SSD to [email protected] ?

Comment

I emailed Runcore support 13 days ago (19 January 2010) but have not received a reply. I have now returned the SSD to the vendor.

Comment

I have the same problem with my NC2400 and a 32GB card.
        My laptop hangs apart from the mouse for about 30 seconds then bluescreens, it auto rebooots after the bluescreen and shows "non system disk or disk error" If you then physically power off the laptop and power it back on it will work again just fine.
        Somedays it will do it several times other not at all, very annoying :(
        It has been doing this since I put it in about 2 weeks ago.

Any advice?

Comment

I'm having exactly the same problem. My sistem is HP 2710p running Windows 7 Professional and SSD Runcore IV 128 GB.

Originally posted by cattlerustler View Post
          My laptop hangs apart from the mouse for about 30 seconds then bluescreens, it auto rebooots after the bluescreen and shows "non system disk or disk error" If you then physically power off the laptop and power it back on it will work again just fine.

Any advice?

Comment

Same with my 128GB IV on X40 running Win7 pro.

Originally posted by cattlerustler View Post

Any advice?

Comment

are the SSDs you guys are having problems with PATA or SATA?

I am having problems with SSDs that have TRIM enabled (both Intel G2 and Runcore). All signs in my system point to a PATA to SATA bridge IC on the motherboard of the system...not the SSD. I could also see there being a problem with SATA to PATA bridge ICs, if that is how your system is configured.

Investigation is underway.

Comment

Originally posted by redly1 View Post
                are the SSDs you guys are having problems with PATA or SATA?

I am having problems with SSDs that have TRIM enabled (both Intel G2 and Runcore). All signs in my system point to a PATA to SATA bridge IC on the motherboard of the system...not the SSD. I could also see there being a problem with SATA to PATA bridge ICs, if that is how your system is configured.

Investigation is underway.
                It is PATA on IBM TP X40. Same happened with FW1819 and FW1916.

Thank you.

Comment

any news?
                  Any improvement upgrading the firmware to 1916?

Comment

Originally posted by Manuscha View Post
                    any news?
                    Any improvement upgrading the firmware to 1916?
                    Hi,

For me not. Still random blue-screens occurred on Win7.

Now I have disabled trim function and did not get any blue screens since.

Has anybody got blue screen with disabled trim function on Win7?

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by msun View Post
                      Hi,

Has anybody got blue screen with disabled trim function on Win7?

Regards,
                      I had a M-die Samsung flash 128GB unit that was working perfectly in my Win7 x64 HP 2710p with the 1571 FW. I tried flashing it to 1916 and couldn't reimage it. I then tried to flash it to FW 1819. The unit is now dead. It isn't recognized when installed in the hard drive bay or via the USB. It's just plain dead.

At that point, I appropriated a 128GB unit that a colleague had purchased but hadn't yet installed. I flashed the FW to 1916, and reimaged it from my backup HDD. That worked, but I had random and frequent BSODs. I disabled trim using fsutil and have been running for almost 2 days with NO PROBLEMS.

I hope this helps someone out there...MikeT

Comment

I also disables trim a few weeks a go and since then, no blue scrrens.
                        If trim is disabled do I need to run wiper from time to time?
                        Where to download wiper...
                        MM
                        Last edited by Manuscha; 02-20-2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

If trim is disabled do I need to run wiper from time to time?
                          Where to download wiper...
                          MM
                          Yes. You'll have to run wiper from time to time. I suggest running Crystal Disk Mark periodically. When the results show a significant slowdown, then run wiper. Note: you'll need to Run as Administrator.

A google search for wiper.exe shows takes you to:

General Discussion windows with Wiper 0525

This link gives a link to a zip archive of Wiper version 525.

It would have been nice if FW 1916 supported Trim without crashing

Comment

Hi All,
                            i am having exactly the same problem with my 2710P windows 7 on Pro IV 128. Runcore should solve the problem immediately or money back. it is very annoying to have my machine rebooted >4 times a day.

I'm having exactly the same problem. My sistem is HP 2710p running Windows 7 Professional and SSD Runcore IV 128 GB.

Comment

Hi.

I've experienced the exact same things you're talking about here.

I have a RunCore 64Gb ZIF model in my HP Compaq 2510 /w Windows 7 and I get BSOD and system freezes once a while (approx. 1-2 times per day, more often if high disk usage, ie. downloading large files). I checked the firmware version on my disk and it is the latest, 1916. I have now turned off the Trim function and it will be interesting to see if it'll perform better now.

I've had another 64GB SSD from RunCore before this one (exact same model), but that one died after 2,5 months of usage. I did not have these problems with it, perhaps it had older (better working) firmware or coming from another batch. Hopefully this one will have better quality..
                              Last edited by spiffen; 03-25-2010, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X