Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random system restart and shut down

Hi,
    i am new to this forum. And i dont have much informations about motherboards or processors (infact i dont know to configure bios , etc).so if anyone is explaining to me please tell me step by step or as simply as you can so that i can solve the issues.thanks in advance.
    I will explain my issues. First i will tell you my system configuration:
    Motherboard: Gigabyte X58
    Processor : Intel Core i7
    RAM : Transcend 24B DDR3 x2
    Hard Disk : Hitachi 500gb Sata
    Cabinet : Cooler Master CM
    Monitor : Samsung SyncMaster 20'
    DVD Writer : Moserbaer 22x DVD
    Mouse&KB : Logitech
    WebCam : iBall 8mp
    SMPS : Cooler Master 650w
    UPS : APC 1000v VA
    I am using windows XP .
    If anyone want more information please ask me.
    I bought my system(actually its assembled one) before 6-7 months(june2009).Till last 4 months there was no issue.recently i shifted to a new place (so i took all the items and shifted).The problem starts from there.My computer restart and shut down randomly(mostly during daytime) My ups was blinking and deflecting from power to battery,so i thought it may be ups problem and contacted APC and they first adviced me to use a stabilizer and when it was not solving they told some methods to reset and bring back ups into normal and it was done,so now the ups is working fine.although the restarting and shut downing process used to come randomly.Then 1 week later system was not even starting,i found out that smps was sucking a lot of voltage (when i am switching on ups, its suddenly goto overloaded mode).i took the smps to the shop and after one week the smps was replaced.So i was a bit happy because i thought all the problems were solved.After 1 or 2 days the normal problem(restart and shut down) continued randomly.sometimes the system suddenly restarts, sometimes it will shut down(during that time no power will be there in either cpu or monitor,so i need to switch off ups and restart it to start the pc again).i have tried directly connecting to the power(no ups),their (may be a coincidence) i was lucky that this problems didnt occured.i tried this for 2 days and it was fine.but i am not sure this is a ups problem.one more thing i want to point out: at some point of time i bought 2 cooler master fans also(i connected it myself).these are these the things i am facing. Can anyone help me please? beause its happening randomly noone is telling me the proper issue.. someone please help me..

Thank you

Re: Random system restart and shut down

try clearing cmos by pressing the blue illuminated switch at the rear,also are you using stock clocks and auto voltages?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i just cleared the cmos by removing the battery and placing it back(because i couldnt find any blue switch).i just did properly only,right?.And i am waiting because this happens randomly so i need to wait and see,hope this will solve.how can i find out whether i am using stock clocks and auto voltages?do i need to check it in bios?
      thank you very much for your reply...

Comment

yes,what motherboard do you have x58 ud5?ud4?ud3?......at gigabyte screen press delete and then look in bios,
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

x58UD3R..thank you i will check in bios and inform you..

Comment

ok if you go into bios and select the top text m.i.t i think,then set your ram voltage to 1.66,qpi voltage to 1.300000 and cpu voltage on the normal setting
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

i have checked the bios settings.there below MB intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T) i founded these:

CPU clock ratio 20x
              QPI Link Speed Auto
              Performance Enhance Turbo
              System Menory Multiplier(SPD) Auto
              DRam Timing selectable(SPD) Auto

All the other menus have 'Press enter' or 'disabled'.Do i need to change anything?

Thank you

Comment

ok i will do as to told.sorry i didnt see your new message.
                Thank you

Comment

hi,
                  i have done what you told,lets hope this will solve all my headache. Thanks a lot ...

Take care..

Comment

Originally posted by thebadone View Post
                    hi,
                    i have done what you told,lets hope this will solve all my headache. Thanks a lot ...

Take care..
                    let me know if it still does it,you may be able to lower qpi voltage to 1.250000 just see if its stable first
                    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                    Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

ok..sure.

thank you

Comment

hi,
                        today afternoon some time the system suddenly shut downed. Actually i switched on the system and went to office ,while coming back only the ups was working.There was no power to monitor or cpu.It was like its completely switched off. and i checked in apc software ,and there was no power problem in the afternoon. and just now i switched off the ups and switched on again and the system started working(as usual,as i told the symptoms before).Is there any modifications i need to do to make my system work proper.Please help.

Thank you

Comment

hi,
                          yesterday my pc was shut downed for couple of times.Then i changed the
                          qpi voltage to 1.250000 after that my pc started as normal.But after some time it again got shut downed.Then when i switched of the ups and started again system was not at all starting.I connected the smps and monitor directly to switchboard it started working.So for checking i connected the speaker to ups and started the ups,when it got started the power was not coming to the speaker,when it goto battery(normally goto battery for a while during start-up) the speaker light came ,but when the ups properly started the speaker stopped working.So now the everything works only when the ups is in battery back-up.I had mentioned before that i got a problem in ups first.I just informed the technicians.Is this the problem with ups or because of qpi voltage changing?
                          regards,
                          _thebAdOne_

Comment

Working...
                          X