GA-P55A-UD3 Negative CPU Temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P55A-UD3 Negative CPU Temperature

I've got a GA-P55A-UD3 with the F5 BIOS and an i5-750. Lately, sometimes the CPU temperature in the BIOS will be -10C. I'm using an Asetek liquid cooler which is good . . . but not that good. It does report the temperature for all of the cores properly. It also throws off lm_sensors in Linux, obviously. A reboot or cold boot will fix it eventually (it might take a couple of tries). What would cause that to happen sporadically? Is there any real danger? I would assume that the CPU itself decides whether or not to power itself down if overheating, not the mobo, right?

Re: GA-P55A-UD3 Negative CPU Temperature

it could be sticking sensors on the motherboard,or a bios issue or program fault when reading temps,as long as its reporting the core temps which are taken from the temp sensors inside the chip then i wouldnt worry about it,as its a new board i would wait till updated bios comes out to fix it
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

Working...
    X