Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

I've heard a lot about exploding CD's but have never witnessed one. :eek:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I'd rather not witness one :eek:

Comment

They really seem to think that the center of the disk gets hairline fractures in it and that's what causes them to do this. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

You'd be pretty peeee about it, just think, brought a new rom and look what happens

Comment

WS - copy it first. Keep the vidcam rolling as it explodes 'cause I want it on tape. I broke one with my hands the other day and it did expode. Little shards of the recording surface flew everywhere. (And why did I do such a foolish thing? It hung up in a drive at work and was scratched horribly by the person who yanked it out. It made quite an impression. They probably won't do that again.)

Comment

Originally posted by drpeterbright
              I broke one with my hands the other day and it did expode. Little shards of the recording surface flew everywhere.
              Oh yes, I can relate to having done that in anger before. More so to floppy disks though. :hammer:
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

But, floppies aren't as explosive as cd's. You have to break floppies to shred the little disk.

Comment

Originally posted by drpeterbright
                  But, floppies aren't as explosive as cd's. You have to break floppies to shred the little disk.
                  It used to be great fun snapping floppies and throwing around the disk inside it around class like a frisbie... :D
                  Managing Director
                  Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

In school I mean... :)
                    Managing Director
                    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Indoor frisbies. OK. Just be sure to shred them afterwards so that the CIA can't recover all that important data.

Comment

If I started throwing frisbies around the house, the dogs would go berlistic

Comment

that site is quite funny i mean 1st hes at work playing a game... 2nd game explodes not injuring employee :rolleyes: i think it was ment to injure him to tell him to stop playing crappy games and going back to work heheheh. but no really i think its the way they make CDs if u got a Cdplayer a portable one with a see though face take a look at how unbalanced a CD is of or just hold it on top of your palm with the anti skip on (makes CD spin faster) and feel that it will vibrate on most CDs... there should be some quality contol here i think :cheers:

Comment

Might increase the price of cd's which we don't need. Anyway, explosions are fun.

Comment

I've had that happen to me before - it killed my pioneer DVD drive
                              http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Working...
                              X