Uncore woes, P55M-UD2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncore woes, P55M-UD2

My problem is following, I have a GA-P55M-UD2 board with F8 BIOS and an i5 750 on it, the memory multiplier is 10x and the uncore is 16x.
    This really bothers me - I know (through testing and theory) that my memory is being bottlenecked by that low uncore clock but I have no means of changing it as it's disabled in BIOS. What could I do to remedy the situation? I have no desire to up my BCLK from the default.
    I tried searching for answer, but so far I've had absolutely no luck in finding it.

Re: Uncore woes, P55M-UD2

I do believe all 1156 CPU's have a locked uncore 1.5ish value, so nothing you can do really other than what you are already thinking about.

Or move to 1366, where you can set any uncore you want.

Comment

Locked tight, huh. Thanks for letting me know, I shall not bother myself with that any further.

The alternative methods are there, it's just that for day to day operation and power efficiency, messing with BCLK doesn't do much good.

Comment

Yes, sadly I do belive all the 1156 CPU's are like that, maybe they will release a extreme one with unlocked multi's all around sometime, not sure?

Could be some out now too, I dunno as I don't pay attention to it really, very likely there is some Xeons with unlocked Uncore for this socket already out.

Comment

Working...
        X