• Show
Clear All

• GA-P43-ES3G & Kingston HyperX PC-8500 RAM - can't set RAM @ 1066mhz

System specs:
    P43-ES3G (w/ F12 BIOS)
    HyperX KHX8500D2K2/2G x2 (4x 1GB sticks) datasheet
    Intel C2D E7500 (266Mhz x11)

Currently have my settings at like this: M.I.T. settings
    ... with DRAM voltage at 2.2V as per Kingston's settings.

The system fails to boot or beep until I reset the CMOS.

Any idea on how to get this running at 1066Mhz? I can provide more pictures.

Thanks a lot.

Re: GA-P43-ES3G & Kingston HyperX PC-8500 RAM - can't set RAM @ 1066mhz

No need to clear CMOS each time, after a few boot loops turn the PSU off for 20 seconds and power on again, usually it will boot at second or third attempt.
    Try setting MCH Core 1.2v, but it would be better trying with each pair in it's destination slot first, to make sure there is no problem with any of them or the slots.
    If you haven't began by loading optimized defaults do that first then apply the changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
      No need to clear CMOS each time, after a few boot loops turn the PSU off for 20 seconds and power on again, usually it will boot at second or third attempt.
      Try setting MCH Core 1.2v, but it would be better trying with each pair in it's destination slot first, to make sure there is no problem with any of them or the slots.
      If you haven't began by loading optimized defaults do that first then apply the changes.
      Just tried that out with 4 sticks - it won't POST, no beep, hard drives spin up but nada. Had to reset the CMOS again. Surely there arent any problems with the slots if all 4 sticks work with stock settings? ([email protected], 800mhz)
      Last edited by toge; 04-11-2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

May not be at all possible with 4 sticks at this FSB or at all.
        You can try DDR-800 with 4-4-4-12 timings and DRAM Voltage 2.1-2.2v which will result in about the same performance.
        There is really no point fighting with 4 sticks before you know 2 sticks can work at that rate.

Comment

You need to set a few other settings, many that are not shown in your image.

So can you please fill out a template from my signature with yout exact current full settings, then we can advise back.

I think you need to set tRD (Static tRead Value) manually to 7-8 for now, MCH 1.2-1.24, and Vdimm to 2.1-2.2V (Spec rated voltage is 2.2V)

But please do give us your full settings in a template, this was we can be sure you are also not missing other important settings.

Comment

Working...
          X