Will a Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7 fit on a Coolermaster HAF 922

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7 fit on a Coolermaster HAF 922

I've been interested in this board for a while and I noticed Gigabyte is stating this board is a XL-ATX size. To me the board doesn't look too big, but I'll guess I'll have to wait and see. Does anybody know will this board fit in a HAF 922 or not? Because I don't really want to buy a new case.
    Intel Core i7 3930K | 32GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz | Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI | Corsair AX1200 watt Power Supply | 20x LG SATA DVD+/- RW | LG BluRay/HD DVD Combo Drive| Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers | 42" Toshiba 42XL700a at 1920x1080 1080p | Asrock X79 Fatal1ty Champion | Coolermaster HAF X | 1x OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 1x 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive | 1x 2TB Western Digital Hard Drive | Windows 7 x64 Ultimate RTM

Re: Will a Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7 fit on a Coolermaster HAF 922

XL-ATX is much larger than Extended ATX, I do not think it will fit in your case

Here is another user asking the same about the EVGA SR-2 in a 932 case, look at the size of the board.
    XL-ATX in a Cooler Master HAF 932? - General-Motherboard - Motherboards-Memory

I suggest you do what the reply says about cardboard with the board specs and you will see what I mean.

Spec's are available here, and are 32.5cm x 24.4cm :
    GA-890FXA-UD7 (rev. 2.0) - GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification

They also have listed a case support list:

Oddly though, the image of the board on that page looks like a normal E-ATX board, nothing like the Sr-2 mentioned above which is EX-ATX?

I compared against X58-UD7 (30.5cm x 24.4cm) which is E-ATX/ATX and it is only a 2CM width difference. So it looks to me like this is not a fully EX-ATX board, but is larger than your normal E-ATX/ATX board, you you might get it to fit but you would need to re-drill a few motherboard mounts
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-27-2010, 01:23 AM.

Comment

No drilling. Mount holes tend to be standard. What GB's pictures show, is the extra 2 cm being at the bottom. So the question is, is there 2cm more room between the bottom edge of current board, and the floor of the case?

And these images hint a "no". But that should be really trivial to measure, even without cardboard.

That EVGA SR-2 dual socket board does not seem any taller. Probably a standard 30.5 cm. But it is wide, awfully wide, expanding forward where desktop cases have HDD rack.

Comment

Doh! Yes, sorry, it is longer not wider!

Comment

Working...
        X