X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga x48-dq6 usb glitch 2

Ga x48-dq6 usb glitch 2

i came home to find my Razer Lycosa glowing cool blue
    this is remarkable because i started a thread about my other gigabyte based pc doing this with a razer copperhead. the lachesis mouse on this pc was dark but the keyboard was aglow . they sit side by side are networked through the same router and get filtered power from the same line conditioner (and creme rinse).
    but are two indivdual machines with differing human interface devices and yet
    the glitch is a commonality. i know the led lights don't draw much and the caps store power but whats the tech behind this phenomenon?

X48-DQ6 rev.01 , Q9650 ,
    ZALMAN
    CNPS 9700 NT

idles 28c peaks under load 47-50c

BFG 1000 wat pwr lian li full tower with side window

<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 10px; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 1.2em; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px" class=specification cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(231,231,231) 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(231,231,231) 1px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; WIDTH: 296px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; CLEAR: right; FONT-SIZE: 1em; BORDER-TOP: red 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: red 0px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px" class=desc>G.SKILL
    F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B 8 gig
    </TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(231,231,231) 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: red 0px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; WIDTH: 126px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; FONT-SIZE: 1em; BORDER-TOP: red 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: red 0px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px" class=name>
    SUPER TALENT
    MasterDrive SX
    SAM28GM25S
    </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(231,231,231) 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(231,231,231) 1px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; WIDTH: 296px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; CLEAR: right; FONT-SIZE: 1em; BORDER-TOP: red 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: red 0px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px" class=desc></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(231,231,231) 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: red 0px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; WIDTH: 126px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; FONT-SIZE: 1em; BORDER-TOP: red 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: red 0px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px" class=name>ssd
    XFX Radeon HD 4890 CrossfireX with another same
    </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(231,231,231) 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(231,231,231) 1px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; WIDTH: 296px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; CLEAR: right; FONT-SIZE: 1em; BORDER-TOP: red 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: red 0px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px" class=desc>Lg dvd rw drive</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

P35-DS4 usb glitch
    p35-ds4 rev a2 q9450 rev c1 no oc stock intell cooler with artic silver 5 corsair xms ddr2 800 8gig 5 5 5 18 22 2t gtx280 rev a2
    ihas dvd rw 2x samsung hd322hj 0 raid 750watt psu in a lian li full tower

this happen to anbody else?
    my hacketosh pc powers my razer copperhead when powered down.
    this started after i upgraded the firmware from razer support . never happened before that .
    i have moved it around to differing usb <NOBR style="FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; COLOR: #0000ff; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_4_0>ports</NOBR> two so far and it has happened in both .
    when i unplug the lights go off but i come back later and it's blue wheel and snake logo are glowing .this hacken tosh is my back-up system so it isn'tpowered up much

Re: Ga x48-dq6 usb glitch 2

This is normal for many mice. Some may not see it though with the same mice due to different PSU's do not provide the proper power while shut down.

I am kind of confused on your posts though, especially with the addition of the bottom info from your other post which we replied to as well.

Did you not know this was normal? Did you go back to the older firmware on your other mouse?

Comment

Re: Ga x48-dq6 usb glitch 2

On some boards USB power was selectable from +5v SB (standby) or +5v, and setting it to +5v would cause USB ports to be powered down when the computer was shut down, thus your mouse or whatever would not glow. However many people tend to leave peripherals like phones or PMPs wired to the USB ports, and powering down the USB ports resulted in those devices draining their batteries instead of charging them. Thus nowadays all motherboards have USB power from the +5v SB rail and it cannot be changed.
      Pro hardware technician for PC, Laptop and Sound equipment.

Comment

Working...
      X