Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using this combo or similar X58a-ud3r & ATI5970?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using this combo or similar X58a-ud3r & ATI5970?

Hi Guys,

I have a Gigabyte x58a-ud3r/i7920/gskill 6gb(ddr3 2000)/Asus 5970 gfx card. Before the ud3 i had a X58 ud5(no issues). Since I upgraded my mobo the 5970 has been acting up. It keeps goin into power save mode(black not stripped screen) & 100%fan. It does this at random times not when stressed. The sys was o/c to 3.6 & 3.8 but even when set at defaults it still flips out. The pc itself is not locking up as i can still hear the music or game in the back ground & can even shut the pc down if i remember the keystrokes with no screen picture.

I have already contacted asus in case the card is faulty. However the card works perfectly with zero issues in my kids pc(asus p5q delux 775 board with intel 9550 in it). Plus i swapped my kids gfx card(asus 4890) into my pc with zero issues......

Weird i know hence i thought i'd ask if anyone here has a similar mobo/gfx card combo & seen such behaviour or any suggestions?

The rest of the system is very stable at high o/c's or default. I've tested the memory(memtest) & the psu is more than sufficient(corsair 850w). Currently using the F5 bios. Guess i will try the F6b bios. Thanx 4 reading...

Re: Anyone using this combo or similar X58a-ud3r & ATI5970?

I advise updating to the latest BIOS as you suggested you planned to do already.

If that does not help let us know.

F6c here, please use Qflash or DOS to update

Comment

On case let u know.... ta

Comment

K, good luck with the flash!

Please disable "Keep DMI Data" if you use Qflash

Please DO NOT USE @BIOS!!

Comment

haha got it

Comment

you can make a profile in ati ccc,then go to home/appdata/local/ati/ace and edit the profile xml

Property name="Want_0" value="30000" /
            Property name="Want_1" value="120000" /
            Property name="Want_2" value="120000" /

^^ those are the values of core clock and ram speed (5770)when in idle/2d mode and load/3dmode raise the idle core and mem clock then save and avtivate profile in ati ccc,you can always load defaults to put it back to original ,im having similar random lines in idle and in internet explorer i think its driver issue as there no glitches or lines in games,they work perfect
            Last edited by wazza300; 04-30-2010, 07:46 AM.
            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Anyone using this combo or similar X58a-ud3r &amp; ATI5970?

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              K, good luck with the flash!

Please disable "Keep DMI Data" if you use Qflash

Please DO NOT USE @BIOS!!

I can't seem to Qflash from a usb thumbdrive. Won't reconize it.
              I so far have to use the @bios
              INTEL i7-920 2.66GHZ 8M LGA 1366
              GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R Rev 1
              ASETEK 120MM WATERCOOLER
              6GB KINSTON HYPER X DDR3
              BLACK AZZA SOLANO 1000 FULL TOWER
              Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
              2TB SATA III 3.0 GB 7200RPM HD
              BLACK LITE-ON 24X DVDRW
              SEASONIC X750 Gold PSU
              ONBOARD 7.1 SOUND
              ATI RADEON 5750 1GB DDR3
              WINDOWS 10 64Bit 10240

Comment

STOP IT!!!

First off you need to be sure you have USB 1 and 2 enabled in the BIOS, and Legacy USB Storage Detect (Also named Legacy Storage or USB Storage). The USB Stick must be formatted to FAT12, 16 or 32. If it is not please format it again, also do so if you are unsure or if it is empty go ahead and redo it again to be sure.

Then you need to leave the USB Stick installed and reboot to Qflash. Then you should see your drive, listed as HDD

Some USB Sticks just do not work, especially larger ones, so please do try a few if you have them the smaller the better.

You can also make a small FAT32 partition at the end of your drive if need be, if you need help doing that let me know.

There is plenty of ways to use Qflash, and if you end up not being able to which shouldn't happen cause you can make a partition if all your USB Sticks fail, you can always use DOS and FlashSPI.

There is absolutely NO Need to use @BIOS to flash with. Stop until you can get help if need be, Qflash can ALWAYS be used you just have to find the way that works for you is all.

Comment

OK that is probably the problem. The thumb drive is a 4GB and it seems to be the issue. I have a 512 thumb drive somewhere I can use. I also have a usb floppy so I still have a few way to get to it.
                  Thx.
                  INTEL i7-920 2.66GHZ 8M LGA 1366
                  GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R Rev 1
                  ASETEK 120MM WATERCOOLER
                  6GB KINSTON HYPER X DDR3
                  BLACK AZZA SOLANO 1000 FULL TOWER
                  Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
                  2TB SATA III 3.0 GB 7200RPM HD
                  BLACK LITE-ON 24X DVDRW
                  SEASONIC X750 Gold PSU
                  ONBOARD 7.1 SOUND
                  ATI RADEON 5750 1GB DDR3
                  WINDOWS 10 64Bit 10240

Comment

USB Floppy will not work, only compatible USB Sticks, or a FAT partition on your hard drive.

You could also flash from DOS to, vie USB or DOS Based CD

Comment

Ok thanx for help anyway but i got a new asus 5970 & now i get the ATIKMPAG.sys bsod all the time, even after a fresh win7 64 install....... Anyway problem now well n truly solved..... I went out & bought a 480GTX!!!

ATI make great tech but i think their drivers are just very poor...

Comment

Get ready to see nvlddmkm.sys errors now!

Sorry, just ATI Fan I suppose. Did you try the latest drivers for AIT before you switched to Nvidia?

Or hey, did you ever get your BIOS updated beforehand, this may have been part of the issue as well?

I left Nvidia years ago due to driver issues, and have not had one since on ATI, so I guess everyone is affected differently (And similarly) using either brand.

Well anyway, glad to see you have a working card no matter what it is!

Comment

lsdmeasap, u may well be right, all i know is after 2 4890's both rma'd and now on my third asus 5970 replacement card, ATI have some tech issues. I have 2 ati cards in my kids pc's working ok but my 5970 is awaiting RMA again tempted to tell distro to shove it where the sun dont shine n just give me another 480gtx as a swap. Dont get me wrong when it worked it was brilliant...... but having spent hours uninstalling & reinstalling ATI drivers swapping into 3 seperate pcs to test I've just had enough. I'm sure its a driver issue cause with no drivers ie standard vga win 7 driver it works flawlessly go figure. Same with the previous 2 5970's(even swapped manufacturers).

Comment

Maybe it is the brand you are choosing? I hear terrible things about Asus cards actually.

I only used Sapphire ones myself for years, until now, and have never had any issues.

That is a lot of hassle for sure, and you know the "Next" driver release would have possibly fixed it, but I hear ya not wanting to keep on waiting for a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by allygash View Post
                              lsdmeasap, u may well be right, all i know is after 2 4890's both rma'd and now on my third asus 5970 replacement card, ATI have some tech issues. I have 2 ati cards in my kids pc's working ok but my 5970 is awaiting RMA again tempted to tell distro to shove it where the sun dont shine n just give me another 480gtx as a swap. Dont get me wrong when it worked it was brilliant...... but having spent hours uninstalling & reinstalling ATI drivers swapping into 3 seperate pcs to test I've just had enough. I'm sure its a driver issue cause with no drivers ie standard vga win 7 driver it works flawlessly go figure. Same with the previous 2 5970's(even swapped manufacturers).
                              just stick with it,i upgraded my card after having x1950 for four years,first sapphire 5770 was faulty but this replacement has been superb,my old card was a sapphire too there the best quality imo
                              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X