Ga-7vrxp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-7vrxp

I can not beleive tha bad rap this board is getting !!!!

Of all the pc`s i have built this one was the easyest and fastest to set up...

Took me at the most 30 mins from stripping old board out to plugging this baby in !!

No conficts no error`s no nothing..

I have found from experiance that some ppl think that they can intoduce a new motherboard into there existing operating system

You need to format and start from fresh...

Now come on boys no more Gigabyte GA-7VRXP bashing :)

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

Yes me to as I found a breeze too though Gigabyte has admitted to a few bad batches of them and they're the ones we hear about. :(
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I managed to see mine up in about 2-3 hours from a pile of parts to loading XP...

I have only just found this forum and am not very computer mined but I was more than a little suprised at the bad press it has got as mine seems pretty cool...

Cheers

Comment

Yeah its a great board . Mine is rev 2 so i guess all the early ones had the problems. Oh well im happy :p

Comment

Out of interest where is the board version shown???

I'm itching to learn if I have a "good" board or a "bad" one.. heeheh

A bit off the topic but I have a very similar setup to CMC homer and when ever I jack up the FSB by 5 from 133 to 138 I lose 2000 3D Marks... anyone have any ideas why???

Aside from that I think the board is pretty good.

Cheers

Comment

All i can say is that after this i just wouldnt trust gigabyte again from the huge pile of horror stories. They have different revisions for alot of their boards, and some of their previous boards have had all sorts of problems and have generally been pretty low quality, although some people are happy with their boards, i think gigabyte should take more time to iron out faults instead of throwing the board into the market so quickly. If their new KT400 board has bugs like the 7VRXP did that would just prove my point moreso, but if its good, then so be it, atleast they are doing the right thing now.

Comment

:wave: I just installed a gigabyte ga-7vrxp board and had no problems with it. I am useing

(2) maxtor 7200rpm ata133 HDs.
              3 256meg ddr crucial total (768 megs )
              creative sound blaster audigy 5.1
              gainward geforce 3 ti200 video
              antec soho case 430 watt tru power w/ 4 fans
              plextor cd writer 40/12/40
              lite on dvd
              AMDxp 2000+

i have built many systems with gigabyte and never had a problem
              how ever i have had problems with asus ....

Comment

I also have had bad experiances with ASUS. I was going to go for an MSI board again but it took 4 weeks for someone to email me back with a problem i had with some MSI software . If it takes 4 weeks to respond to an unimportant email like that what will happen if something does go wrong ?

Comment

I'm running a ga-7vrxp ver 1.1 and when I look at my geoforce 3-ti 500 board in device manager it shows up correctly with the proper driver but it shows that it is installed in pci 1 .This video board is the only one installed in the computer and it is installed in the agp card slot not pci 1.

Anyone out ther know why.All drivers and updates loaded.xp-pro and amd 1800.

Comment

:confused:
                    hey tracker in case you didn't know the agp slot and the pci slot next to it ( pci 1 ) share the same resources (like irq's ) thats one reason why if you are useing an agp video card it is not a good idea to use the slot next to it ( pci 1 )for anything unless you realy have to.You can have alot of problems ,or conflics when you do that... or sometimes it just doesn't work . in fact if possible you should always leave every other pci slot open. it avoids alot of headaches.....this applies to all motherboards ..hope this helps

:p

Comment

If the card is in the AGP slot i dont think you can use PCI1 anyway. Its one or the other .

Comment

Yay gigabyte have release a bios update for this board and it now supports the new 2400 and 2600 cpus :) yay

Comment

Hey Homer:

Hows the DONUTS....no really what ver of motherboard do you have?

Comment

revision 2 mate

Comment

Homer:

I had a rev 1.1 ahich was actually a ver 1.0.What a horror story.I returned board for new one rev 2.0 and works great.I did find though that with a clean install of xp that I could get the 1.o board to work sort of well.
                              Spent a long time to trouble shoot as this is the firsat computer that I have built.Oh yea THANKS GIGABYTE FOR ALL YOUR GREAT HELP ON YPUR WONDERFULL WEB SITE..........NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X