Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy Moly GIGABYTE miniITX H55N-USB3 rocking d i5 [email protected] 3DMARK06 on air cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Moly GIGABYTE miniITX H55N-USB3 rocking d i5 [email protected] 3DMARK06 on air cooling

When news first surfaced of this board i thought...hmmm something i need for the multimedia machine.....i better give it a crack. Next thing you know guys are saying i should overclock it etc so why not :D

I sat down putting it all together and MSN lights up with youngpro going bananas over the board......hahah

Suffice to say this little pocket rocket is exactly that. It's dead easy to OC and pushes the new Core i5 655K chip hard. I thought i would crank the voltage and do some 3DMARK06 CPU test runs for a laugh. I started off at 4.2/4.4/4.5/4.6....im thinking wtf this is nuts.......4.7/4.8/4.9 faints. I left it to finish a 32M Superpi as well...didnt tweak obviously as it was single channel on w7, just wanted to see if its stable with pi too

Hardware setup:
    • Gigabyte H55N-USB3 mini-ITX (F2 shipping bios)
    • Intel Core i5 655K Unlocked CPU
    • Intel Core i7 875K Unlocked CPU
    • CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus CPU Air Cooler
    • Corsair GTX2 Dominator (had clearance issues so just used one stick)
    • WD 600GB SATA3 VelociRaptor
    • MSI HAWK 5770 PCIe Graphics Card
    • Corsair HX620 PSU
    • Windows 7 32bit

5247MHz validation on air EEEEEK

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1232075

4.9GHz 3DMARK06

4.6GHz prime for a couple of hours eek

Core i7 875K Unlocked CPU results

PRIME at 3 hour mark

3DMARK06 at 4.1GHz :D

32M SuperPi at 4.4Ghz

BIOS SCREENS

Last edited by dinos22; 06-11-2010, 02:51 AM.
    GIGABYTE Australia

Re: Holy Moly GIGABYTE miniITX H55N-USB3 rocking d i5 [email protected] 3DMARK06 on air coo

Wow, surprising to see from such a little board :)

Comment

Re: Holy Moly GIGABYTE miniITX H55N-USB3 rocking d i5 [email protected] 3DMARK06 on air coo

hahah i am actually priming now just for kicks

started at 4.4.........running at 4.6GHz 1.41v at the moment and still going
      GIGABYTE Australia

Comment

Cool, I wonder how these boards would do frozen

Looks like a Ln2 setup would get very tight to fit on there

Comment

yup thats on the cards hahahah
          GIGABYTE Australia

Comment

Haha, cool, can't wait to see how she does!

Comment

I've started priming about 2.5 hours ago with 4.4GHz bumped it to 4.5 at hour mark and 4.6GHz at 1.5hour mark

I just bumped it to 4.7GHz and it's still going :D:D:D:D

GIGABYTE Australia

Comment

i was pushing this MSI Hawk 5770 last night....really nice little card and doesnt clock too bad on air cooling either

here are the max clocks i could get out of the setup

GIGABYTE Australia

Comment

5.2GHz+ validation easy eeeek

im sure if i tried some more i could stick that 5250 i had maybe even 5300 crazy stuff

CPU-Z Validator 3.1

GIGABYTE Australia

Comment

5247MHz ahhaahaha

i dont want to push more volts .... dont want to kill the chip yet lol

CPU-Z Validator 3.1
                    GIGABYTE Australia

Comment

Nice man, great priming @ 4.5+ with those volts!

Ya, don't kill the CPU just yet, I wanna see this setup frozen still.

Comment

OK i've done some quad testing today and here is what i got from the 875K chip

i havent tested this cpu...seems ok

the vrm cant handle load past a certain point. i dont know where the limit is in terms of amperage but priming at 3.8ghz 1.22v was not possible. I also could not increase the volts any more when i benchmarked 3DMARK06 so 4.1GHz at 1.26v (i got better results when i disabled LLC).

Amazing results though to be able to push a quad core that high i think. I've also tortured the VRM with 3 hours of prime which started at 3.5GHz and every hour increase by 100MHz basically :thumbup:

PRIME at 3 hour mark

3DMARK06 at 4.1GHz :D

32M SuperPi at 4.4Ghz

GIGABYTE Australia

Comment

Which do you think is going to fare better once you break out the Ln2 though?

Might have to add a a few heatsinks to the VRM's to absorb some heat, or transfer some cooled air from the Ln2 :)

Comment

i've reached the max of my VRM with the quad already!

no point going ln2 with it
                            GIGABYTE Australia

Comment

this is friggin' nuts man

Last edited by dinos22; 06-12-2010, 12:34 AM.
                              GIGABYTE Australia

Comment

Working...
                              X