Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AsRock Conroe E-SATA II CPU Problem

Hiya all, I'm new to this forum.

Don't know if I'm in the right section, but admin/mod be free to switch it to appropriate one :)

So, let's start.

I have AsRock ConroeXfire E-SATA II mobo and got a CPU problem.

This is my rig:
    CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @1.86 GHz
    MEM: 2x 1GB DDR2 (800MHz) and 1x2GB DDR2 (800MHz)
    GPU: EN 8800GT @ 512MB
    PSU: Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF (1000W)

And the problem is when i want to install another CPU, stronger one. I've buyed Intel Core 2 Duo E7200, s.775, 2,53GHz, 1066MHz fsb, 3MB cache.

When I've installed the CPU my mobo just shuts down and turns on again by it self, and the thing repeats all the time... It just wont start...

Same thing happens when i try to OC the E6300 CPU, if i just increase the speed for 1 MHz my mobo goes crazy. Somewhere i have readed that cpu can't get enough power from the mobo...Is that true, and what to do. I have sended e-mail to AsRock tech, but i got no reply :(

Thx in advance, Her3tiC :)

Re: AsRock Conroe E-SATA II CPU Problem

No one knows or ?!

:(

Comment

Re: AsRock Conroe E-SATA II CPU Problem

Hi @Her3tiC, I try to answer as member forum.

I use this model and exactly same cpu Intel 6300, but the problem occurs when replace CPU with newer type. You can find CPU type here ASRock > Products > ConRoeXFire-eSATA2 > CPU Support List support for this motherboard, seems your newer Intel CPU are not support in BIOS unlikely no newer update BIOS lastly August 2007.

I can overclock max 10% from standard FSB for Intel 6300 without increase the voltage, restarting maybe cpu temperature limiter set in BIOS are too low as 6300 are 1st generation Intel Core 2 Duo that are quite hot. Set temperature limit more higher if you can.

Have a nice try and good luck..

Comment

Working...
      X