Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gigabyte motherboard problem

Hello,
    I have a gigabyte GA-ma74gm-s2 motherboard with amd phenom processor.
    nvdia gtx 260 and cooler master gx series 550 w power supply.
    I would like to know whether my motherboard supports the nvdia graphics card and power supply.
    My motherboard had stopped working. this is the 2nd time. I wanted to know whether i can use the graphics card and power supply on the motherboard or not.

Thanks in advance

Re: gigabyte motherboard problem

The GA-ma74gm-s2 only has one x16 PCIE slot, but you only meant one card right?

If so then yes this board should work with that GFX Card, and PSu should be ok too.

Comment

yes 1 card . My system was working fine. I added the graphics card and restarted. My system shutdown didnt start again. This is the 2nd time it happened. I have sent the motherboard to gigabyte. I wanted to know whether the graphics card or the power supply is creating the problem

Comment

It may be that PSU is not strong enough for the system, plus this new 260 GFX card.

Did you try clearing the CMOS and see if it will start again? If not try that, also be sure you are using the latest BIOS, if you do update DO NOT USE @BIOS, please use Qflash or DOS.

That PSU may not have a good enough 12V rail for your GFX card?

Comment

well i got this PSU. 1 GX-550W - Cooler Master. it has 2 PCI - e 6+2 slots. Also i would like to know how to update the BIOS. Thks for ur help.

Comment

Here is a flashing guide on how to use Qflash

Here is your latest BIOS
            GA-MA74GM-S2 (rev. 1.x) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS

This is Rev. 1.x page, check your board PCB in the bottom corner by the PCI slots to see what Rev. yours is, if it is different click the Rev. link at the top of the page for your Rev. BIOS

That PSU should be good now that I see the specs, maybe it's just not compatible or something? Update the BIOS and see if that helps.

Comment

Working...
            X